• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock Turbo Upgrades

Started by SHO9987, November 10, 2017, 11:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO9987

Quote from: 68_GT on February 01, 2018, 07:05:25 PM
after my SHO threw a rod or 2 I got a new long block and these same CHRA's. I have about 6k miles on the new set up. Unleashed has a base tune in mine for now, still pulls strong. Torrie told me the boost is turned down to be sure it's not making too much boost. I need to datalog then refine it all, but I am sorting out oil consumption issues. I believe I just need to perfume the oil consumption TSB with new PCV and valve covers and I'll be good. You might want to check on that issue as well to be sure you're oil consumption woes are really fixed. May have cost me my stock engine IDK.......

Oh one last thing, I haven't and don't plan to bother with meth because I am under the impression with these billet wheels installed I should be able to max out the drivetrain strength on boost alone.

Yeah, so far the oil consumption problem has been fixed.  Usually a quart low at oil changes with the old turbos.  So far I've been spot on with the new ones.  I already had the car in for the oil consumption TSB prior to the new turbos and Ford said everything was good to go. 

As for the methanol, I had the system in place with the old turbos to mainly help control IATs and to clean the intake.  With the new turbos we tuned for a base 93 tune.  From there we added the methanol back in to help control IATs, reduce knock, and push the boost further.  Currently running about 15-16psi, my boost regulator cracks at about 16psi.  Brad said the logs look great and there is plenty of room to push the motor further.  It's fascinating how much more air these turbos move with less boost. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

FoMoCoSHO

These assemblies and possibly the Gearhead intercooler are great stealth upgrades for those wishing to fly under the warranty radar.

djxfactor

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 01, 2018, 10:21:13 PM
These assemblies and possibly the Gearhead intercooler are great stealth upgrades for those wishing to fly under the warranty radar.

I'm chomping at the bit to get a hold of this fabled Gearhead Intercooler!
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 01, 2018, 10:21:13 PM
My thinking as well . . . although i'm not sure how the stock tune would act with the upgraded wheels. As AJP stated the wastegate tables needed a lot of re-working.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on February 01, 2018, 07:05:25 PM
after my SHO threw a rod or 2 I got a new long block and these same CHRA's. I have about 6k miles on the new set up. Unleashed has a base tune in mine for now, still pulls strong. Torrie told me the boost is turned down to be sure it's not making too much boost. I need to datalog then refine it all, but I am sorting out oil consumption issues. I believe I just need to perfume the oil consumption TSB with new PCV and valve covers and I'll be good. You might want to check on that issue as well to be sure you're oil consumption woes are really fixed. May have cost me my stock engine IDK.......

Oh one last thing, I haven't and don't plan to bother with meth because I am under the impression with these billet wheels installed I should be able to max out the drivetrain strength on boost alone.
You can use meth to cool IAT to help make power with less boost, you don't have to go for max power with a meth setup. Although if GHG comes out with an IC they would be a great combo.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts