• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PIC RESTORATION IN PROGRESS, THANK YOU for your patience!!!

Started by SHOdded, November 10, 2017, 03:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

As you may know, a lot of people have depended on Photobucket to host and freely provide access to the photos they link to.

Photobucket recently instituted a rather onerous subscription policy for their services, and as such, most if not all PB hosted pics are now unavailable on this site.

Restoration of these pics is a work in progress, we appreciate your patience during this time.  As of now, we may have a workaround, but workarounds may or may last long.  While we hope to get full restoration soon, it may be interrupted as PB adjusts on their end.

- EBPF Staff
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on November 10, 2017, 03:27:19 AM
As you may know, a lot of people have depended on Photobucket to host and freely provide access to the photos they link to.

Photobucket recently instituted a rather onerous subscription policy for their services, and as such, most if not all PB hosted pics are now unavailable on this site.

Restoration of these pics is a work in progress, we appreciate your patience during this time.  As of now, we may have a workaround, but workarounds may or may last long.  While we hope to get full restoration soon, it may be interrupted as PB adjusts on their end.

- EBPF Staff
So you guys have a workaround on your end so that the users don't need to edit their posts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

No workaround per se.  We are using an addin pb fix in Chrome to download, host on new site, and relink to new site.  Brute force if you will.  So if people can host on a non PB site like imgur, and update links, that would help out a great deal :). It would take us forever on our own :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

What is the the latest preferred site for hosting photos? Any recommendations? I'm planning to order a replacement laptop tomorrow on Cyber Monday to replace the one that died on me several months ago, and I was planning to go through my posts and update all the photobucket links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on November 26, 2017, 05:44:26 PM
What is the the latest preferred site for hosting photos? Any recommendations? I'm planning to order a replacement laptop tomorrow on Cyber Monday to replace the one that died on me several months ago, and I was planning to go through my posts and update all the photobucket links.

https://imgur.com/ . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on November 26, 2017, 06:09:42 PM
I think most of your PB PICS were updated using https://imgur.com/ . LMK.  Z  :)

Oh, OK. Will do, thanks!!

2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on November 26, 2017, 05:44:26 PM

I think most of your PB PICS in the "How TO section" were updated using https://imgur.com/ . IIRC!! LMK.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I unfortunately ran into an issue earlier but hopefully it shouldn't be an issue! Z  :sweatdrop:

Imgur is over capacity!
Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under a very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance.

Please try again in a few minutes.

ZSHO

Ahh its working!.  Z

SHOdded

LOL, you are singlehandedly elevating imgur to a whole new prestige!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 06, 2017, 09:27:38 PM
LOL, you are singlehandedly elevating imgur to a whole new prestige!
Thank you kind sir!.  Z  :)

ZSHO

To boldly go where no man has gone before!.  Z

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on December 06, 2017, 10:53:06 PM
                     To boldly go where no man has gone before!.  Z

Love the gif, especially being a fellow Trekkie myself.

Yes Z, you have been nothing less than stellar when it comes to fixing all of PB's recent hostage taking policies.

You restoring all the pics you have, have been equally as instrumental as those who've originally posted them. Particularly as it relates to the "How-To" tutorials.

Your efforts are exemplary and should be applauded by every member of this fine forum.

When our paths cross in real life, the drinks are on me.

Thanks somehow doesn't seem to be enough. But until when the drinks flow, my sincere gratitude will have to suffice in the interim.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

It's my pleasure to help out and a Thank you is more than enough!  BTW been sober free so drinks are out of the equation.  Z  :)

ZSHO

It has recently come to my attention that Tiny.pic.com is no longer available which was my alternative hosting site in order to safely preserve and safeguard all the Forum images on https://imgur.com/
Thankfully to this day all the restored FORUM PICS on Imgur.com have been working without a hitch and hopefully for many years to come! Fingers crossed!
BIG THANKS to SHOdded and without his assistance this would not been possible. TIA. Z  :)