• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lets talk MP3's

Started by lamrith, November 08, 2017, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Well as the title suggest, I would like to talk about MP3's, specifically how are you guys organizing, navigating and playing your MP3's in your 13+ vehicles?  I have a 2013 SHO with the full Sony system in it.  I replaced all the door speakers in Aug which made a big difference.  Until now I have been using 90% Sirius radio, but I am tired of the tiny sound and cancelled it.  I am looking to convert to full USB driven as the songs I have tested so far sound awesome.

I have a USB stick in it, but have yet to see any sort organization as to how the car plays them.  If I select shuffle it seems to play anything on the stick?

• Is it possible to have it play just a single folder?
  • How about playing by genre?
  • How do you folks setup your USB cards so that you can have it play random songs of a certain style of music rather than it playing anything on stick? (Rock, R&B, 80's, etc)

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Brucelinc

I organized all of my music into playlists using an app that I downloaded for free.  I am not at my computer now but when I get home I will let you know specifically what the name of it is.

It works great in concert with windows media player.  You can name the playlists anything you like and sync will find them by voice or you can just use the screen.  Works perfectly with a flashdrive.

lamrith

Thanks Bruce!!  I found a link on a Focus site talking about a similar idea and downloaded a program to make playlists.

Playlist Creator 3 is the one I grabbed.  We will see on the drive home if it works!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Brucelinc

irondoor19

OK:
i know this is old School, and I can be tech Challenged
So I purchase 16G Ipod Nano's (1800 to 2700 Songs) and put em
in the Car and Bike, Fully loaded on Ebay from 30 to 50 Bucks
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

jims2015

After I rip a cd I just put the folder on the flash drive and it will play like the CD. But sometimes I want a play list of various and I want it played in a certain order. I use media player to make the list and then use a free download called syncplaylist to install the playlist on the flash drive. Works perfect every time.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

lamrith

I will try that one too Bruce,thanks! 
I am still learning how to navigate the USB thru synch.  SO far only way I got it to work is manual on touchscreen, gotta pull book out to figure it out better.

I figure what I will do is get music on the USB and make bunch of playlists for each genre, moods, etc.

Brucelinc

Jims2015, it sounds like we do it the same way.

Our Taurus has MyFord touch and the Lincoln has sync 3.   With the Taurus, if you have been listening to FM or Sirius, after pressing the voice button, I think you say "USB."   It will say "USB, please say a command."   Then you can say what playlist you want, such as "Play playlist, best 90s pop."   It will then play it in the order it was put on the flashdrive.   With Sync 3,  all I have to do is press the voice button and after it responds, say "play best 90s pop" and it will play it no matter what music source it was on before.

lamrith

Quote from: Brucelinc on November 09, 2017, 02:50:39 PM
Our Taurus has MyFord touch and the Lincoln has sync 3.   With the Taurus, if you have been listening to FM or Sirius, after pressing the voice button, I think you say "USB."   It will say "USB, please say a command."   Then you can say what playlist you want, such as "Play playlist, best 90s pop."   It will then play it in the order it was put on the flashdrive.   With Sync 3,  all I have to do is press the voice button and after it responds, say "play best 90s pop" and it will play it no matter what music source it was on before.
Wanted to drop back in for an update and to say THANKS!!

That worked.  I dumped a bunch of tunes to the flash drive, made a few playlists to test out and it works!

lamrith

Quote from: jims2015 on November 09, 2017, 01:31:44 PM
After I rip a cd I just put the folder on the flash drive and it will play like the CD. But sometimes I want a play list of various and I want it played in a certain order. I use media player to make the list and then use a free download called syncplaylist to install the playlist on the flash drive. Works perfect every time.
I have been using playlist generator, but it does not give me a way to shuffle/randomize the list prior to saving it so trying to use media player now.

I am trying to use this synchplayis program now and could use some help.  When you transfer do you transfer playlist AND music at same time to a empty USB drive?  I already have a bunch of music on the drive and am trying to make playlists using music on the drive and it is not transferring, keeps erroring out.

jims2015

Quote from: lamrith on January 12, 2018, 08:59:25 PM
I have been using playlist generator, but it does not give me a way to shuffle/randomize the list prior to saving it so trying to use media player now.

I am trying to use this synchplayis program now and could use some help.  When you transfer do you transfer playlist AND music at same time to a empty USB drive?  I already have a bunch of music on the drive and am trying to make playlists using music on the drive and it is not transferring, keeps erroring out.

If I remember correctly, I have to start with a clean flash drive every time I want to make a playlist change. But I have one playlist in particular with 150 songs that I want to keep in order and this is the only way I found that works for me. I also dump various CD's on the same drive after the playlist transfer is complete.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

lamrith

Quote from: jims2015 on January 13, 2018, 12:38:34 PM
Quote from: lamrith on January 12, 2018, 08:59:25 PM

If I remember correctly, I have to start with a clean flash drive every time I want to make a playlist change. But I have one playlist in particular with 150 songs that I want to keep in order and this is the only way I found that works for me. I also dump various CD's on the same drive after the playlist transfer is complete.
OK Thanks.  I already have 5gig of music on the thumb drive along with a few playlists already.  I can tinker with it and see what I find works.

Macgyver

I used to do play lists.

Thumb drives are so cheap and the SHO has 2 USB ports. I just add the music I want to the drive and swap drives for something different. So basically a play list on a thumb drive. Also randoming a 128gb thumb drive of your music is way better than Sirius/XM for me. The SQ is way batter as well.

LostnEye

Quote from: Macgyver on January 14, 2018, 02:43:48 PM
I used to do play lists.

Thumb drives are so cheap and the SHO has 2 USB ports. I just add the music I want to the drive and swap drives for something different. So basically a play list on a thumb drive. Also randoming a 128gb thumb drive of your music is way better than Sirius/XM for me. The SQ is way batter as well.

Sirius has it's place, SQ is not that place. I usually have my phone on one USB and a thumb drive on the other.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

Macgyver

Quote from: LostnEye on January 17, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on January 14, 2018, 02:43:48 PM
I used to do play lists.

Sirius has it's place, SQ is not that place. I usually have my phone on one USB and a thumb drive on the other.

Never tried that. Is that to charge the phone or use it as a music source ?