• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Photobucket Apologizes, Provides Financial Assistance

Started by SHOdded, November 07, 2017, 05:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

We Love Our Users!

(and we think you love us too)

Over the last 13 years, we've been working hard to improve our site for you. Our goal is to make sure Photobucket is easy to use, competitively priced and number one in customer service.

So as a thank you for your loyalty
as we grow and improve Photobucket.

Please accept our code good for $10 off your order.

Use the code YouRock
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

I recv'd an email from them recently too, except for $15 off.

Laughable. Especially given they still command $399.00 PER YEAR!

Now if they were/are truly sorry, they'd send ALL OF US a coupon for something reasonable like $200.00 off, and then I'd entertain registering for that.

But never will I flip for the extortion-esque, ransom-like price points. Rant over.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Hah!  Yes, I thought it was rather ironic of an offer!  They should have tiered their subscription rates, maybe even grandfathered in longtime customers.  I guess they want an instant cash cow.  Going under?  Possibly.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

That's some added insult to injury IMO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Jordan

Man... Charging for a photo hosting service. There are so many free services out there that do the same thing. I don't think anybody in their right mind would want to pay $400 a year to host their pictures. The only way I see this working is for specific manufacturers who have their photos on there and linked to their instructional sites. It is a huge pain now because many DIY and vehicle forums are suffering on their picture by picture fixes. Makes finding older instructionals very hard. Screw photobucket. Imgur is a fairly barebones straight forward way to share your photos.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

hawkeye93

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

TSS

Come on you ungrateful savages. They essentially knocked a whopping 2 1/2% off their bargain rate by graciously offering the $10 coupon. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SHOdded

bpd1151

sholxgt

I can understand them not offering it for free, but the price was insulting.

Imgur is still working fine for me.  If they were smart, they'd consider charging like $5 a month and make the experience a little more premium.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Jordan

Quote from: sholxgt on November 08, 2017, 05:12:44 PM
I can understand them not offering it for free, but the price was insulting.

Imgur is still working fine for me.  If they were smart, they'd consider charging like $5 a month and make the experience a little more premium.

I think at this point they are just so desperate for money that they are just riding the sinking ship. At least with imgur there is another aspect other that just an image sharing site. It is a cornerstone of reddit which brings enormous traffic to the site itself bringing ad revenue etc. Photobucket doesn't have any of that and I think they are just trying to milk what they can before they abandon ship in a few years.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

turbobum

I've had enough of Photobucket. Sometime it doesn't work any better with a paid subscription than it does without it.

PDSHO

I recently closed my PB account and use Imgur, it is easy and fast.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost