• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rockauto does not list SHO-wastegates??

Started by TopherSho, November 06, 2017, 03:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

So I am on Rock auto,  and i look up waste-gates.  only to find there not listed.  just the connector...

Is my hideous sinking felling right in telling me Ford will want to swap out my full turbo just to replace wastegates if they are a issue with my build?

Thnx in advance
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Vvvdannyvvv

currently in the same boat, with a 2012 sho, and aftermarket says 2013 plus... go figure.
2012 SHO
Plugs, 3 bar, Catless dp, springs
Fastest Run stock 13.9 full weight plus extra
Fastest run on LMS 93 Race tune 12.41 full weight.
Fastest run on Ortiz TBD

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

The part depicted by SHOdded is in fact the Electronic Blow Off Valve.

It is NOT a wastegate as believed by the OP.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shoNoff

When I bought my turbos from Ford they had the wastegates on them. I don't remember even seeing a separate part number for them on tasca's site. But I also didn't look to hard since I needed turbos.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

FiveLeeter918

Resurrecting an old post, but for anything looking for new wastegates, we've actually had really good luck with the TurboSmart IWGs with a 2mm preload.

We've had several customers as of late come to us with their wastegates at 100% with only 12 psi due to age and stretch. Replaced with the TS units and back to 15 psi and 67% wgdc in no time.

Just something to think about :)
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!