• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE vs LMS vs SW catless DPs

Started by Agentlongwood, November 06, 2017, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on November 07, 2017, 01:03:05 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 07, 2017, 12:17:09 PM
I can attest that Paul from PPE craftsmanship is by far second to none IMO.
I think BiGMaC was the first to have them on his SHO!.  Z
I was the first :D
I think I'm the only person that has had any issue with PPE's. But that was because they were Mike's original set before the clearance issues with pp/nonpp were known and subsequently fixed. The car they were originally for was the 2013 non-pp. Oops.

5ohSHO

My LMS off-road down pipes seemed to be good quality and fit really well. I did mine on jack stands in the garage without any trouble. The turbo flange nuts are way easier to put back on without cats as well. I still have my stock cat-back section and the only real difference in sound I noticed was that it sounds a little deeper/throatier than before. Otherwise it is still pretty quiet. I can also hear the turbos spooling inside the car now. My only real complaint was that the pipes didn't come with any hardware to connect the down pipes to the cat-back section.

FearlessAZ

I can take pictures of my catted PPE downpipes when I get home if you have any questions about quality. I still haven't gotten them installed  :'( Just haven't had the time for the install. Only been sitting around 4 or 5 months.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FearlessAZ on November 09, 2017, 09:27:54 AM
I can take pictures of my catted PPE downpipes when I get home if you have any questions about quality. I still haven't gotten them installed  :'( Just haven't had the time for the install. Only been sitting around 4 or 5 months.
let me know when you feel like selling them ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FearlessAZ

Lol. Never. I like them too much and even if they never get installed, they make a beautiful paperweight for my desk.  :P

But in all seriousness, I like to work with my cousin (my mechanic) on stuff like this so I get a good feel on how to do it. Just so happens that he has had some terrible luck with accidents since I have purchased this set. Seems every time he starts to feel healthy and up to it, some divine comes by and says no way.

They will get put on eventually. Maybe by Christmas?  :rofl2:
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about your cousin, hope he has seen the last of that divine intervention for a while!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!