• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Logs from new Tune.

Started by ClearwaterSHO, November 01, 2017, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwaterSHO

I recently got a new tune for the boat. First time logging in awhile. I look and I'm getting some KR. 3-4.0 =O! Tuner agreed it was no good. First, I suspected fuel, but was reminded about the Chafed Knock Sensor wires. I didn't see any chafing, but for good measure, I put some wire loom and electrical tape on them. I also changed my plugs with some fresh Motorcrafts gapped to .030. Went out and did a pull, still saw 2.0 KR on the sensor in the log. Went and threw in some race gas and teleported to Mexico! Did a pull from 2-5 and I must say, not only is the car running well, by butt dyno, logs seem to agree.

Logs are attached.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

SHOdded

Which tune was this?  Suggest cleaning the MAP sensors (both of them).  Also possible fuel to blame if from a "new" station.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 01, 2017, 04:00:54 PM
Which tune was this?  Suggest cleaning the MAP sensors (both of them).  Also possible fuel to blame if from a "new" station.

This is AJP's tune. What do you see wrong? I didn't see any KR really on that pull. The bad KR was before I changed plugs, taped/loomed KR sensor wires. I could clean the MAP's though. Where is the second? I know where the one on top of the manifold is because it's the 3BAR I put in.

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on November 01, 2017, 04:20:39 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on November 01, 2017, 04:00:54 PM

This is AJP's tune. What do you see wrong? I didn't see any KR really on that pull. The bad KR was before I changed plugs, taped/loomed KR sensor wires. I could clean the MAP's though. Where is the second? I know where the one on top of the manifold is because it's the 3BAR I put in.
You continued to have KR while running 93, right?  That is what I was referring to, not the log you posted :). I dont like using octane as a solution to a problem like this, because the reason for the problem could continue to fester, you know?  But it IS good that the race gas seems to eliminate it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

If you aren't already, I suggest running Shell V-Power 93.  Thanks to the suggestion of pretty much everyone here, I switched to it and saw an immediate reduction in KR vs BP.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on November 01, 2017, 07:30:55 PM
If you aren't already, I suggest running Shell V-Power 93.  Thanks to the suggestion of pretty much everyone here, I switched to it and saw an immediate reduction in KR vs BP.

Yea, I filled up with Costco fuel. The 110 definitely fixed the KR issue, but it's 110 and it's $8 a gallon lol. I'm going to run the fuel down and then fill up with Shell V-Power and hopefully that resolves the KR. Then Brad can continue doing his magic with the pump gas tune. I'm curious now and I'm going to work with Brad to see how a Race Fuel Mix vs EBlend and how each performs down here in Florida. I'll post results. I can say that with Rev2 Brad's tune got me an 8.31 @ 83 MPH (I believe it was 83, could have been 82) That's just his pump gas tune, granted it did have some 110 in it, but since I am not tuned for the Race Gas, it had no effect I don't think other than eliminating the KR. I could be wrong.

Also, I cleaned the MAP sensors. I'm pretty low on fuel, so I'll fill it up with just V-Power 93 and see if the KR is gone.

sholxgt

Running at Showtime Dragstrip?  I used to run there when it was called Sunshine.  Grew up in Largo.  Think I've run at most of the tracks in FL, but that was many years ago.

Here's a friend of mine that still runs at Sun...errr...Showtime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukyXNcJo04M
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on November 02, 2017, 03:53:46 PM
Running at Showtime Dragstrip?  I used to run there when it was called Sunshine.  Grew up in Largo.  Think I've run at most of the tracks in FL, but that was many years ago.

Here's a friend of mine that still runs at Sun...errr...Showtime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukyXNcJo04M

Yes, sir! Good ole SHOwtime =) I've found I have to hide my time or people won't race me. I tell people my car isn't fast, they just can't claim to be fast if they don't beat me. Your friend is MOVING!

sholxgt

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on November 02, 2017, 04:44:24 PM
Yes, sir! Good ole SHOwtime =) I've found I have to hide my time or people won't race me. I tell people my car isn't fast, they just can't claim to be fast if they don't beat me. Your friend is MOVING!

I completely understand!  I used to get time slips at PBIR (was Moroso then) and Orlando Speed World, but spent most of my time out at Gandy.  That was '89-'95ish.  Even with those efforts, my times would leak back to Pinellas somehow.  I just made sure to always have more available (bigger nitrous jets/second stage).

ClearwaterSHO

Thanks for the help everyone! I am not sure if it was the plugs, wireloom/tape on the KR sensors, MAP sensor cleaning,  or just bad gas... Could have been all four. Pure 93 now on Brad's Rev2 tune and seeing -Kr now. Once again, this forum is amazing. Thank you all so much

SHOdded