• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO VS the world - Great race videos

Started by Mo7ammed, November 06, 2017, 04:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

More details on how you removed all the AWD components?  THat is quite intriquing to me.  Making a 6F55 FWD.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mo7ammed

Quote from: SHOdded on November 07, 2017, 03:03:22 PM
More details on how you removed all the AWD components?  THat is quite intriquing to me.  Making a 6F55 FWD.

Opened up the PTU and removed all parts in it, so it's empty now, filled it up with oil and sealed it.
Then put it back since the SHO right axle is not like the N/A taurus FWD cause I already tried this.

And removed everything else (drive shaft & rear deferential + rear wheels axles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackhawk

I honestly wonder if FWD only would let the transmission live past 600HP.  Less drag on the trans, just slap on some slicks for the front.

Mo7ammed

Quote from: Blackhawk on November 08, 2017, 09:53:40 AM
I honestly wonder if FWD only would let the transmission live past 600HP.  Less drag on the trans, just slap on some slicks for the front.

Will, as long you are rolling, i think transmission will be fine.

ClearwaterSHO

Is the transmission stock? I have thought about trying to find a shop over in EU to build a transmission and PTU for me. I want all the powa at all the wheels.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

Mo7ammed

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on November 08, 2017, 12:41:01 PM
Is the transmission stock? I have thought about trying to find a shop over in EU to build a transmission and PTU for me. I want all the powa at all the wheels.

Yes it's stock.
If you know any shop that can build it for me please share their details !

Macgyver

Well this has been done in transmissions .

"  Drivetrain, stock trans with Circle d converter doing better than built trans "so far" "

Contact this guy for more info.

Beastly

bpd1151

The Circle D Torque Converter proved to be not worthy of the investment.

FirstSHO Mike, and Darreli both had them done, and they LOST .5-.6 in the 1/4 mile.

Both of them were running LMS Custom Tune Files, and both revisted LMS post install, and both were only able to gain back about .3 in the 1/4 with custom dyno tune adjustments respectively.

A modified torque converter is NOT where the gains lie within.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

autobahn terror

First hand experience with a FWD SHO, (all-thou not by choice), Yes the car is notably quicker, and responsive on the bahn at speed. However, I have Traction issues, even if I am rolling at 80-100 kph and i Nail it, the tires will break loose. Some wider Slicks would be largely beneficial for dig racing, but now we are back to loading the trans more and those stock CV halfs up front.

I was dreaming of doing a SHO 3.5 & 6F55 Swap, minus the AWD running gear, into the Rear of a Fiero for kicks; following the same formula of gutting/sealing the PTU. No idea if it would fit...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SHOdded

Fiero would be a cool project.  Get into the 9's easily?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mo7ammed

Quote from: autobahn terror on November 09, 2017, 03:10:53 AM
First hand experience with a FWD SHO, (all-thou not by choice), Yes the car is notably quicker, and responsive on the bahn at speed. However, I have Traction issues, even if I am rolling at 80-100 kph and i Nail it, the tires will break loose. Some wider Slicks would be largely beneficial for dig racing, but now we are back to loading the trans more and those stock CV halfs up front.

I was dreaming of doing a SHO 3.5 & 6F55 Swap, minus the AWD running gear, into the Rear of a Fiero for kicks; following the same formula of gutting/sealing the PTU. No idea if it would fit...

How about F150 3.5 & 6r80 and push it to 800+ easily.

Mo7ammed

Quote from: SHOdded on November 09, 2017, 06:07:00 AM
Fiero would be a cool project.  Get into the 9's easily?
I really considered to convert the SHO to RWD if there is no transmission solution introduced in this year, put a mustang deferential and aluminum drive shaft and mount 6r80 transmission that can support to 900+ hp.

Sooner or later this is going to happen.

SHOdded

Another project I would like to see happen.  Make it so, Mo7ammed :thumb: :thumb:

Mo7ammed

Quote from: SHOdded on November 09, 2017, 06:19:29 AM
Another project I would like to see happen.  Make it so, Mo7ammed :thumb: :thumb:
The good thing is that our cars came as AWD, the potential is there, since there is a space already for the rear deferential and the drive shaft, the only concern is the transmission and its fitment.

Will give it more thinking and analysis once comes to it.