• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJP Turbo's 2014 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost tuning and build

Started by AJP turbo, November 05, 2017, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

limited02

AJP turbo

Tuned vs. Stock

Finally had a chance to put my Fusion on the dyno last week. I rented the dyno again at PRL motorsports in Export, Pa.
I did a few pulls and tried to simulate a stock pull as best I could considering my mods and fuel(E85). I think I expected a little higher on the tuned pulls but I haven't seen many dynos on AWD 2.0 fusions. I thought they would be closer Focus ST's but considering they are manual transmissions and only FWD I guess that could explain the differences. But I did run a pretty good 1/4 mile time in June so I guess I'm where I should be.

The tune at about 21 psi in the midrange and tapering down to about 15 psi at redline due to turbo size put down 240whp/315wtq
I was running full E85 which at my pump seems to be about E70 based on my fuel trims. I also have catless downpipes. SO for a stock pull I ran stock boost and only scaled for the E70 and I locked the knock sensors so they could NOT add spark during the pull so the spark came from the stock tables without adding from knock sensors. That was the best way I could think to simulate a stock pull with E70 in the tank.

The stock pull was 194wph/246wtq the stock crank numbers are 240hp/270tq so I guess that would be around a 20% loss if you perscribe to that.

I did see one video of a stage 3 fusion which included a turbo upgrade and it made 40 more HP than mine but about 30ft lbs less than mine so I'm pretty happy that my tune was in that ball park but only on E85/downpipe/tune.

Satisfied with the torque numbers.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

limited02

AJP turbo

Quote from: limited02 on February 05, 2019, 08:57:17 AM
Anything new?  Still running full E85?

Not much new. Still running full E85 which at my pump seemed to max out to about 70% which is plenty to give more than enough spark.

It's been a little while but I never did get to make it to the track after I tweaked the tune a bit so maybe early spring I can try again and see if I can knock off a 13.6 or so.

I have been running a dialing in a FFV tune. It has moderate gains but not to the extent the E85 tune does. But I didn't really set it up for max power, more so for the capability to be able to throw pump gas in it if I couldn't get E85

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress