• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJP Turbo's 2014 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost tuning and build

Started by AJP turbo, November 05, 2017, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: Joeyfuzz911 on November 11, 2017, 01:14:26 PM
Sweet Brad.

How come you gave up the SHO awhile back?

Now i see why I don't get email reply's back, your too busy on here lol. Jk man, I know I'm like 1 0f 100+ people you probably get emails from on a weekly basis.  Since your Tuning the Fusion now, you should be able to translate that for ST and Escape Titnsium owners since the power train is bacially the same.

Basically kind of needed a truck so a 4 door F150 was going to double as a family vehicle and give me another ecoboost engine to do my own R & D on since the 2.7 was a bit of a rare bird for tuning..I quickly got bored and fell out of love driving an empty truck on a daily basis as I never was excited about driving a truck.

Wanted a car again and to save a bit of money stepped into the fusion and I could buy a small trailer for the wife's car to do what the truck needed to do since I only haul light loads and don't tow anyway.

So now I can do 2.0 ecoboosts. And yea that is also the idea so now I can tune focus, and other 2.0 ecoboost cars and have one in my hands do test first hand....I've already tuned a few friends focus ST's and they seem to run well so now with my fusion I will be able to get some dyno time at some point and put some numbers to the tune.

And yes juggling emails in a timely manner is a new thing for me so I try to only keep about 3-8 tunes going per month and all the revisions that go along with them it can actually be alot at times...Won't hear from people for days then all of a sudden you have 10 emails that come in 2 hours lol but it's actually really satisfying to hear from happy people because we all love our cars so the passion is appreciated.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

limited02

Doing great work AJP!  FYI, I think you are the fastest Fusion to date...  Only "fast" guy I'm aware of is AnotherGreenFusion and he went 13.9 or so and had A LOT more mods than you do.  If you're planning to hit 300 AWHP on the stock turbo, I think you're going to be disappointed.  However, I would love to see how you end up! 

Brucelinc

As far as I know, Brad has only tuned one 3.0 Lincoln and I am pleased that it is mine.   

derfdog15

WHY AJP WHYYYYY. Now I'm starting to look at mods for the '15 Titanium I have again. Its a FWD model if you need another test bed ;)

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

Quote from: derfdog15 on November 16, 2017, 11:30:48 AM
WHY AJP WHYYYYY. Now I'm starting to look at mods for the '15 Titanium I have again. Its a FWD model if you need another test bed ;)

Because I can't help myself...and there Is full E85 in the tank right now

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

derfdog15

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 16, 2017, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on November 16, 2017, 11:30:48 AM

Because I can't help myself...and there Is full E85 in the tank right now

The amount of temptation is growing. You're an ASS you know that? It's ok though. We still love you.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

limited02

bpd1151

Quote from: limited02 on February 16, 2018, 04:17:48 PM
Anything new?
Brad's been too pre-occupied with shopping for new foot wear.

He's placed this current project on hold as a result. LOL.

AJP turbo

This is my shoe...What's wrong with my shoes? Not like they are Alcoby's.....

But there was supposed to be an update but a couple weeks ago I was supposed to rent some dyno time for the fusion and to see how much power it was making but the shop told me that with the weather it would be hit or miss if they would schedule and wouldn't want me to bring the car on the dyno with all the crap that had been on the roads and a snowy wet car crapping up the dyno rollers. Well the weather was bad so it didn't happen...So somtime in the spring I will get on it.

I've been running full E85 and the car has no problem with it. I can run as much boost as I want but the car seems to like about 18-20 psi boost and I'm not sure if there is much of a point to run more...The E85 is allowing me to run about 14-20 degrees of spark depending on load and on 93 octane I would have to run about 8-12 degrees lower so the E85 is helping immensely.

I have a catless downpipe to install when the weather breaks....I ran 13.98 at 98 in the fall and that was just E30 and ALL stock so maybe on E85 and downpipe I can run mid 13's? And hoping for at least 260whp and 350wtq but we will see..

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

I went on a work trip but I ordered a bunch of parts from tasca for a spring project. New Motorcraft struts and shocks all the way around. Motorcraft strut mounts and strut bearings and still need to order steeda springs and some kind of sway bars....Need new summer tires so going with Summitomo 255/40/19 so that is the fattest rubber I can fit on the stock wheel so it should be nice and grippy.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

derfdog15

Any fuel system changes needed to run the E85? could be fun to do a full E85 tune on my '15 FWD titanium if the car would take it without any other changes.

AJP turbo

Quote from: derfdog15 on February 17, 2018, 04:00:11 PM
Any fuel system changes needed to run the E85? could be fun to do a full E85 tune on my '15 FWD titanium if the car would take it without any other changes.

No changes at all if running the stock turbo...upgraded turbos could require fuel upgrades like in the sho

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Went to the track last night and this is probably it for engine mods unless I decide to do a turbo. I was running full E85 which at my pump is actually about E70 and got my CP-E Catless downpipe on and go my steeda springs and all new shocks and struts and rear sway bar. Also installed my 255/40/19 tires on the stock wheels which is about as wide as I can fit on the 8" wide wheels.

Ran 13.77 at 99

I was hoping for at least 13.6 with the E85 and catless down pipe but for just a tune and drop in filter I think that's pretty good for a 2.0 ecoboost automatic AWD fusion it was in the 70's for temp though. I have it at about 20 psi in the midrange and boost tapers to about 15-16 at 6200rpm due to turbo size. I'm looking at a track calculator and it looks like DA was about 2500 at the time of my slip.

Next time I take vacation I plan on renting the local dyno to actually see the type of power and torque. I'm guessing 260-280whp and wildly guessing at 350wtq

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

dubcitySHO

Not to shabby!  I'd be more than content with a 13.7 second fusion!  I've driven my parents stock 2.0 and would be surprised if it could squeak out 15.250's!

How did that 3000GT behind you run?

2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

AJP turbo

Quote from: dubcitySHO on June 03, 2018, 06:32:29 PM
Not to shabby!  I'd be more than content with a 13.7 second fusion!  I've driven my parents stock 2.0 and would be surprised if it could squeak out 15.250's!

How did that 3000GT behind you run?

I think like mid 13's but it was a beat up car lol..yeah 13.77 is great considering that's what mustang gt and gto and supras ran not too long ago...and I have a trunk and decent back seat with awd that goes well in snow

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress