• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJP Turbo's 2014 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost tuning and build

Started by AJP turbo, November 05, 2017, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

I acquired a 2014 fusion titanium AWD 2.0 ecoboost with 30k miles. This replaced the F150 that I had..I never really liked trucks and tried to make myself love it but I couldn't...I can get a small trailer for the Kia and it will do all I need it to...The Fusion is actually really nice. And surprisingly the wheel base is about the same as the SHO and length is only down about 10"...Interior feels about the same but the trunk is maybe a little smaller...I love having an AWD car for a daily driver.

I dropped a K & N filter in it and NGK 6510 plugs which are 1 range cooler...Will be renting a dyno this winter to complete the tuning results after I finish street tuning...The car is really peppy but lacks the V6 torque of the 3.5 and other V6's

I also added a full set of Putco LED head lights low and high beam and fog lights as well as some Husky floor liners that seem just as nice as weather techs but a bit cheaper.

I had to pull the bumper to do the lights and Ford put a cover over half of the intercooler so that came off. It actually works pretty well as it's a front mount that is actually in the front, imagine that.

There is also a snorkel from the airbox that draws air from the grill...I removed the top portion so it's not drawing air through the smallest part of the snorkel so to me It's a true cold air kit no need for an upgrade.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Changed all fluids to amsoil signature. RDU, PTU, trans, oil. I will at some point add a CPE downpipe and a boost gauge. I have a good place picked out below the radio controls in that goofy pass through.

The front rotors were warped and only 11.8". So I contacted Brian at Fastbrakes.com who I got a front big brake kit from before for my Honda. In about a month he made the bracket and kit which is wilwood 4 pistion calipers and stainless lines. I told him I wanted to use rotors from the 2016 focus ST so parts would be easy for me to source. and match the hub size and bolt pattern and they are 13.2". I loaded the fronts with EBC bluestuff race pads and in the rear yellow stuff...it's a pretty serious setup and I like it so far.

I've never seen a fusion with these wheels and I think it's really sharp...235/40/19..The handling is very crisp and in the spring I think I can fit 255mm wide tires there so it should be pretty grippy.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Stock this car would run about 11-15 psi. I didn't waste much time and did a 93 oct pump tune that peaks about 20 psi but boost tapers to about 15 at redline. The turbos are small and can't really provide the boost up top..I quickly moved to E30 and that is getting me about 8 degrees over my 93 tune.

I took it to Keystone raceway and ran 13.89 at 98 mph. I was hoping for mid 13's but it was about 75 degrees so for end of December that was pretty warm.

JUst like the 2.7 and 3.0 ecoboosts it appears that E85 will not be a problem so I'd like to see if it will handle the same boost on that fuel...Also like those other engines the FFV logic can be activated....So dyno time is planned for December so we will see how it goes.

Already got some winter wheels and tires from Tire rack so those will go on at Thanksgiving.

All you SHO people don't take the torque for granted..You will miss it...The small turbos on the 3.5 really do give amazing torque.

I'm hoping to get near 300whp and 350 wtq on E30 but I'm guessing at this point...I'll update after dyno

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Here is the before and after on what I did to the snorkel..It's under the top of the bumper and the snorkel had little holes in it but the end was reduced down so I took the top off so it's not sucking through the hole at the end..Can't really see it but there is an opening by the hood latch so it's drawing all the air from the grill near the a/c condenser.

I see no point in buying an aftermarket cold air kit...Drop a filter and do this and you are good.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Very nice!  I do wish you had the time to do some 2.0EB tuning for the Edge folks, gen 1.5 and above!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Nice! Best of luck with the new Fusion.  Z
Btw Lmk if you want me to fix sum pics for ya.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Very nice!

Love the BBK!  That is an impressive upgrade.  Brian has/is helping me with brakes for our Honda Fit :)  He's the man.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Brucelinc

Awesome!  How are the shifts with the 2.0....quick and firm like a tuned SHO...or a bit more lazy like we have seen with 3.0 and 2.7 transverse models?

Jordan

I am looking forward to what you come up with for the fusion. I really regret not getting AWD when I dailied my fusion. Such a powerful little engine. And those stock wheels look marvelous too
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Agentlongwood

Awesome man.  I always thought the Fusion was a really sharp looking car.  How are the LED headlights?  I'm a sucker for quality lighting, lol.  Been thinking of going to LED on my car, but I've always been wary of changing from the factory set up. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

AJP turbo

The putco silver lux LED lights are a premium light and they are awesome ..i wouldn't buy them if I had HID lights but the 14' titanium didn't have those so i was forced to go led

No the shifts are not as firm as the sho they aren't bad but the gearing is so short the converter seems like it doesn't have enough time to fully lock

Im only at 28 , 50 , 75 for the first 3 gears ...the awd ecoboost fusion has a 3.36 final drive all other fusions have a less aggressive final drive

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SilvererSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 05, 2017, 12:04:10 PM
Stock this car would run about 11-15 psi. I didn't waste much time and did a 93 oct pump tune that peaks about 20 psi but boost tapers to about 15 at redline. The turbos are small and can't really provide the boost up top..I quickly moved to E30 and that is getting me about 8 degrees over my 93 tune.

I took it to Keystone raceway and ran 13.89 at 98 mph. I was hoping for mid 13's but it was about 75 degrees so for end of December that was pretty warm.

JUst like the 2.7 and 3.0 ecoboosts it appears that E85 will not be a problem so I'd like to see if it will handle the same boost on that fuel...Also like those other engines the FFV logic can be activated....So dyno time is planned for December so we will see how it goes.

Already got some winter wheels and tires from Tire rack so those will go on at Thanksgiving.

All you SHO people don't take the torque for granted..You will miss it...The small turbos on the 3.5 really do give amazing torque.

I'm hoping to get near 300whp and 350 wtq on E30 but I'm guessing at this point...I'll update after dyno

QuoteThe turbos are small and can't really provide the boost up top

Plural???

Nice car.  Don't forget to update your sig line.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SilvererSHO on November 06, 2017, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on November 05, 2017, 12:04:10 PM

QuoteThe turbos are small and can't really provide the boost up top

Plural???

Nice car.  Don't forget to update your sig line.

Came out wrong, I meant all the turbos in the fusion line are small just like every other ecoboost. But yes a single turbo in the 2.0 Fusion.

Yeah I'm having sig line fail lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

cj7buggy

Nice! Anxious to hear how your dyno time end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyfuzz911

Sweet Brad.

How come you gave up the SHO awhile back?

Now i see why I don't get email reply's back, your too busy on here lol. Jk man, I know I'm like 1 0f 100+ people you probably get emails from on a weekly basis.  Since your Tuning the Fusion now, you should be able to translate that for ST and Escape Titnsium owners since the power train is bacially the same.
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"