• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Thoughts and videos for Meth systems

Started by FistyMcgee, November 01, 2017, 05:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 02, 2017, 07:16:01 PM
I did talk to the other company (drawing a blank on the name.. they offer the stroker kit)
Super Six Motorsports?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on November 02, 2017, 07:26:49 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 02, 2017, 07:16:01 PM
I did talk to the other company (drawing a blank on the name.. they offer the stroker kit)
Super Six Motorsports?

Thats it!!! Great guys over there!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 02, 2017, 07:19:49 PM
I myself have not.

Whether that's been due to sheer luck,  or a matter of a stringent maintenance schedule, is not known.

It should be noted that I have never once ran that highest, 617awhp file I have either though, as any of those items I mentioned are expected to break.

This based on others who have tried.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Why is the PTU/RDU more prone to failure if they are set to only handle so much torque from the factory?  I've seen 50% of the engine torque stated before???  I assume that would be a fixed number so when adding power to the engine that max torque number would stay the same or am I wrong?
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SilvererSHO

Also, I don't recall a whole lot of failures mentioned here before.  How many of you guys running in the 12's have had any failures in the past? 
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SilvererSHO on November 03, 2017, 03:11:37 PM
Also, I don't recall a whole lot of failures mentioned here before.  How many of you guys running in the 12's have had any failures in the past?

Hard to tell if it's the tune or bad luck... there have been a few motors to crap the bed...

PTU is the same... tune or bad luck...

Not sure if there have been enough failures of drivetrain parts at a specific power output to really say..

BPD1151 has been told directly by Ford what the breaking point should be for these drive trains... and so has LMS... and Ecopowerparts... 500 wheel hp/tq seems to be the magic number...

Dunno..