• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost tuning and dyno 366whp/466wtq

Started by AJP turbo, November 05, 2017, 10:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

This is a bit over due. I did this in the spring and never got around to posting but I wanted to throw it out there. I had this truck for about 11 months but no longer have it...The 2.7 exceeded my expectations. Great horse power and torque. This truck was completely STOCK down to the air filter.

For the dyno pulls I was running E30 since that's what I was tuning for. So for the stock pulls the best I could do was run stock boost levels and lock timing to what the truck would run on pump gas since I already had E30 in the tank so I think the stock numbers look pretty close to what I have seen

The Tuned pull on E30 was around 20 psi. The F150's have much better intercoolers. And the fuel system is strong...I actually was running E85 but I'll touch on that later.

The E30 seemed to give me another 8-10 degrees of spark. I'd say I have pretty good fuel in my area.

Stock: 289whp/362ftlbs wtq
E30 tune: 366whp/466ftlbs wtq

Stock at the crank is 325hp/375tq
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

I ran 13.4 @ 102mph   I'll have to see If I can did up a time slip. I have time slips throughout my house, it's rather ridiculous.

After I finished my street tuning and rented the dyno I further experimented and due to the fuel system showing no signs of letting up I wanted to further test higher ethanol content.

I was actually running full E85 at about 16 psi...The truck felt as good as the 20 psi E30 tune. I believe the fuel system could've ran 20 psi on E85 but I decided to move on from the truck.

One of the really cool things that I was doing also was I activated the FFV or flex fuel logic. So I was no longer calculating my Ethanol blend percentages...I'd simply estimate it and pump...The ECU would take care of the rest so If I had E20 or E60 the ECU would adjust the fuel trims accordingly.

I highly reccommend the 2.7 as long as you have reasonable expectation for towing and hauling...I only needed an engine that would allow me to haul household type things so I wanted the slightly better fuel economy that the 2.7 would provide over the 3.5 and the truck was cheaper that way and I could have one for my own R&D
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress