• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A couple issues with an out of the box tune. Wondering if other experienced?

Started by Jordan, November 04, 2017, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

AJP turbo

That is quite a bit a boost if that is a sustained reading...That's even a little high for a boost spike. ANd your 2-3 gear shift will give the largest boost spikes so I'm not surprised to hear that is where you are seeing the large boost reading.

Might want to look at your fuel pressure when that is happening..When your fuel rail pressure drops that can also be dangerous also.
If it's dropping below 1000 psi might want to take it easy.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Jordan

Just didn't know if seeing 20 psi on an otherwise pretty stock car with a 3 bar map was something that would be considered normal. The car pulls hard, but it doesn't seem like it is without problems. Trying to get a hold of a laptop that can run the live link software. Can't seem to get it working to on my windows 10 laptop to go datalog some pulls properly because it keeps crashing... And the windows 7 laptop that runs and connects properly has to be plugged in 100% of the time to run. Go figure!

Jordan

Just got another tune from them with lower boost profiles. I guess it's my turn to start figuring out my datalogging problem to get this 100% sorted out.

AJP turbo

Feel free to post data logs when you get them and I could take a look for you as well as others we could help you make sense of what you are seeing
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Welcome Jordan! What year is your SHO? Is it a 15 SHO ? Current Mileage?
Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience.  TIA.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Jordan

I'll be sure to post some of my datalogs once I get some going. I am going through torrie at Unleashed so I know he will steer me in the right direction once we get going.

And the car is a 13 SHO with 100k miles on it as of yesterday!

SHOdded

What tires, how much tread, and how much pressure are you running?  Shifts can be softened up a bit, that might be all that's needed.  Also, an additional quart of trans fluid above the full mark is recommended by Livernois due to possible cavitation issues with hard launches/cornering.

Is maintenance up to date?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

The tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero All Seasons 255/45/19's with 8/32 minimum on each tire running about 34 psi on each one. I will look into the extra quart of trans fluid. Would have never thought of that, but it makes complete sense. As far as I know the maintenance is up to date on the car, but it could probably use a second look. I bought the car ~3 months ago from a dealership where it was a 1 owner highway miled car. (91k in a few years has to be mostly highway I would assume) Is there any specific major components I should check out? I plan on doing a PTU fluid change here soon as I have heard that could be a failure point down the road.

SHOdded

The basics:  all fluids either flushed or exchanged, including trans, ptu, rdu, coolant and brake.

Also check turbo piping for loose clamps, cracked piping in the clamp area, and pooling oil in the pipes.  A light misting is normal. 

Take pipe which goes from intercooler to throttle body, and disconnect at the intercooler.  Check crud buildup with the engine oil dipstick.  Less than say a 1/4 " is ok.  There is a HOWTO on checking and cleaning the intercooler.

Secure the turbo piping at the wastegate solenoid atop the intake manifold.  These are the small diameter pipes coming off the solenoid.

All I got ... For now :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Alright awesome. I will have to check up on everything. Getting cold out here so I will check on everything probably around thanksgiving when I have access to a garage to be good about it.

SHOdded

StealBlueSho

Are you sure its wheel hop? I know that some of the tuners disable the torque management on shifts, combined with the added spark, along with the dialed up shift pressure will cause the transmission stutter.. feels like wheel hop until the trans finally locks into gear. Usually dropping the shift pressure, spark tuning, and/or torque management will fix this.

20psi is not atypical for several sct based tuning companies on boost spikes. A couple of them do not do anything to control boost spikes, so you might just be seeing the spike numbers..

IF you are concerned contact your tuner... post logs here if you want third party opinions.. AJPTurbo is one of the best resources for getting solid feedback on logs if he has the time.

I can tell you from first hand experience that different strategies behave differently when tuned.

Good Luck!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on November 04, 2017, 05:00:26 PM
Just didn't know if seeing 20 psi on an otherwise pretty stock car with a 3 bar map was something that would be considered normal. The car pulls hard, but it doesn't seem like it is without problems. Trying to get a hold of a laptop that can run the live link software. Can't seem to get it working to on my windows 10 laptop to go datalog some pulls properly because it keeps crashing... And the windows 7 laptop that runs and connects properly has to be plugged in 100% of the time to run. Go figure!

You dont need a laptop to actively save a datalog. I recommend reading through this thread on how to do it with just the sctx4 hand held. And then transferring the datalog to your computer afterwards. Generally better resolution as well.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.0.html

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 05, 2017, 10:22:55 AM
Quote from: Jordan on November 04, 2017, 05:00:26 PM

You dont need a laptop to actively save a datalog. I recommend reading through this thread on how to do it with just the sctx4 hand held. And then transferring the datalog to your computer afterwards. Generally better resolution as well.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.0.html

Ah, well I am using the bullydog BDX which is SCT, but when I was able to hook it up to the laptop there was no dataogs on the device. I am pretty new to this whole tuning thing, if the BDX can do the same thing that would be awesome I would need to look into it I suppose.