• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Seat heat/ac not working

Started by FiveLeeter918, October 28, 2017, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Hey guys, figured I'd post here to see if I could get some help. I've owned my 2013 SHO PP 402A for about 4 months now, and love it. But I've noticed the last few weeks, my ac seats haven't been working. Driver or passenger side. They blew ice cold back when I bought the car, but last few weeks I've noticed that they have seemed to stopped. Attributed it to the cooling temps, but with spats in the 80s still it's nice to use them with the humidity.

Fast forward to this week, and it's now in the 40s. I like to kick on the heat early in the  morning on my commute to work, and noticed that there is no heat coming from the seats. Again, they worked initially when I tested everything. Steering wheel is very hot, but the seats just aren't doing anything.

Is there a fuse or something that controls this feature? I would attribute it to the element if it were just the heat, but the cooling feature not working either has me pondering. Seat memory and adjustment works fine.

Oh yea, car only had 32k miles. Was purchased with 22k miles.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ZSHO

Check fuse # 28 - 30 amp (climate controled seats) inside the engine bay (BJB) if both heated/cooled seats are not functioning .
I guess there is no audible click sound when pressing the cool/heat button on control panel and doesn't stay on correct?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

That was exactly my problem ended up being the module under the passenger seat. Maybe someone on forum can add link to my previous post because I am unsure how. Module had a little burn on one connection so I assume it fried, replaced module and all is well. My post is called "heated seats stopped working" , if you have any questions about how I replaced feel free to PM. I got the parts from Tasca ford online, easy lookup and easy shipping, and gobs cheaper than dealer. 

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7439.msg125371.html#msg125371
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on October 28, 2017, 07:29:37 AM
That was exactly my problem ended up being the module under the passenger seat. Maybe someone on forum can add link to my previous post because I am unsure how. Module had a little burn on one connection so I assume it fried, replaced module and all is well. My post is called "heated seats stopped working" , if you have any questions about how I replaced feel free to PM. I got the parts from Tasca ford online, easy lookup and easy shipping, and gobs cheaper than dealer. 

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7439.msg125371.html#msg125371
Done!. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FiveLeeter918

When I push the buttons on the radio they turn on and stsy illuminated, even during a 75 minute drive.
- Lee

Sbouvia

Same issue I had, and the electronic box below the seat was bad. I could turn on in my ford touch but nothing would happen. I tried to use mx link and Forscan but it still wouldn't work. Brought it to dealer and they said their devices wouldn't run the seats either so diagnosed as box below seat. It's easy to just pop passenger seat and look at boxes below and see if you have any burnt wires.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

FiveLeeter918

Cool, I'll do that when I get some time. Anywhere to get it cheaper than $101?
- Lee

ZSHO

X2 Agreed with Sbouvia ^^! I would first verify/confirm that the pigtail terminals that connects to the seat module are not burned prior to ordering a new module,just some food for thought!  Best of luck.  Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2313448&cc=1503823&jsn=17

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,electrical-connector,seat+heater+element+connector,10825

Sbouvia

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on October 30, 2017, 03:08:13 PM
Cool, I'll do that when I get some time. Anywhere to get it cheaper than $101?

Not that I know of. That is cheap compared to dealer who wanted my left arm and right leg. I did not replace the connector whip but I may in the future.
~Scott