• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone got a pic or part number for our o2 sensors? Need an extension

Started by GIGANTORE, October 28, 2017, 11:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

So I was looking at something like this.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cei-109014

I'm planning to buy one just Incase I need to deal with any o2 sensor location issues with the OBX catless down pipes. Just want to get a visual and confirmation of what the correct adapter is. Based on what the connectors look like on the oem sensor.

ZSHO

I recall a member having the same issue and used an 02 extender.  Z
Best of luck with the install.
      https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6503.30.html
     https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6503.15.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

I'm looking for the same thing because I just ordered the OBX... Have you been able to find the extender harness?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 16, 2017, 10:38:54 AM
I'm looking for the same thing because I just ordered the OBX... Have you been able to find the extender harness?

I think ClearwaterSHO has one. PM him. Z
             https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8559.msg128794.html#msg128794

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

I picked up an extension for my OBX from stainless works. $29
If you have a PP car, you will likely have to move the front primary o2. Otherwise the sensor will hit the oil cooler.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 16, 2017, 03:04:11 PM
If you have a PP car, you will likely have to move the front primary o2. Otherwise the sensor will hit the oil cooler.
I do have a PP, so are you saying the extension isn't even gonna solve the issue? I have to move the bung hole to a different position?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 16, 2017, 03:06:18 PM
Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 16, 2017, 03:04:11 PM
I do have a PP, so are you saying the extension isn't even gonna solve the issue? I have to move the bung hole to a different position?

Sounds like the original Stainless Works issue (the first run didnt account for the oil cooler). AJP (aka Brad) had to send his back for them to fix them to work for the PP, then I got those 2nd hand from him. With the PP you will need to also be careful with routing of the wires, to make sure they are secure but out of the way of being melted.

Has anyone contacted OBX about this? I would think if they were serious about their product they would be willing to use customer feedback to fix yours to work with the PP, and for sales in the future.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostfoSHO

So I do have to move the bung hole then?
I live in El paso when I'm not staying at the bunk house for work so just a short drive to Mexico and a muffler shop could add a bung for like 20bucks I'm sure. So I guess it's not biggie but I just want to be prepared for install day. I plan on going to the shop anyways to do a muffler delete so might as well get it all done.

I went ahead and ordered an extension from SW anyways just incase. 

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

If you have a PP SHO it looks like the Stainless works (Stage 3 motorsports) DP and the OBX DP have the same exact fitment issues for the most part and some may vary.
The primary front 02 sensors will need to be modified by using an 02 sensor extender.
The other 02 sensor needs to be fabricated due to the improper location of the 02 sensor Bung .
The Bung will need to be cut out and then sealed while placing the Bung in the appropriate side,section of the DP in order to prevent the 02 sensor touching,rubbing the oil cooler.  Z

TimmyATL

I have been running SW catted down pipes for 26k miles and for inspection/emissions purposes I half to install my factory cats in every year. The fitment of the upstream oxygen sensor on bank two is sung but it can be put in and route wires so not to hit the oil cooler. And the extender is for the downstream oxygen sensor on bank two. And yes I am still running the same oxygen sensors that came in the car.
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: TimmyATL on November 17, 2017, 02:51:58 PM
I have been running SW catted down pipes for 26k miles and for inspection/emissions purposes I half to install my factory cats in every year. The fitment of the upstream oxygen sensor on bank two is sung but it can be put in and route wires so not to hit the oil cooler. And the extender is for the downstream oxygen sensor on bank two. And yes I am still running the same oxygen sensors that came in the car.
Are the extension harness the same for both sensors? I ordered some from SW but I don't know if I ordered the correct extension harness.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

Linemonkey

No, they're different. I had the same problem with my SW downpipes. I have a friend who's a welder. I ordered a new bung and we moved it over, about any inch, to clear the cooler. I had a screw in plug for the original bung, so we didn't have to seal it up. Worked perfectly and no need for the extension harness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP