• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro setups?

Started by Scott13SHO, August 07, 2013, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

I recently got a Nexus 7 Tablet and I bought Torque Pro for it...how does everyone have theirs setup?
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

EcoPowerParts

I installed it on my dash with a quick mount. I need to work on the automation for startup/shutdown soon with Tasker.
Tablet installed for torque
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Larrylu

I'm using an inexpensive universal GPS mount for mine also. So far I have auto on and off using power management in Torque and on the N7 without using Tasker. Seems to work just fine. Also using OBDLink MX for Bluetooth dongle so it's not necessary to unplug on power down. All playing nicely together for several weeks now in every day driving.

I'd like it if I could get some additional readings ... Like oil temp, tranny temp, gear selected, exhaust gas temp but it's great to have the amount of gauges that are available. I would have settled for just the boost gauge so everything else is like a bonus. I love the Torque app!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

twnscrw13

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 07, 2013, 11:01:59 AM
I installed it on my dash with a quick mount. I need to work on the automation for startup/shutdown soon with Tasker.
Tablet installed for torque

Which theme is that?  It looks slick.  I just got my Nexus 7 today. The tablet works great. The mount was inexpensive... and cheap.  Going to have to look for another option.
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

DJE624

I got this mount on Ebay.  High quality and sturdy.  But it wasn't cheap.  About $50.  I really like it.

Larrylu

One more thing I tried that did prove useful is I added an anti glare screen protector. Not only reduces glare but makes the fingerprints less noticeable. After months of everyday use it's staying fully charged. I'm a happy camper! 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Tractorak

my custom mount
2013 Tuxedo Black SHO PP

BigPelo

Anybody using the "Racing meter" add-on for Torque Pro? It has a shift light option and can display in which gear the tranny is but you need to manually enter the speed at 2000 rpm for each gear. I downloaded it so I am going to toy with it.

Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

Larrylu

I have not messed with it. That is so cool looking, I will definitely play with it.  Great eye candy. Torque is so much fun to play with and a very inexpensive toy. Thanks for the idea.

BigPelo

Here are the numbers I entered for each gear (speed at 2000 rpm in km/h) 2013 SHO with performance package stock wheels and tires

1st: 17
2nd: 27
3rd: 44
4th: 58
5th: 82
6th: 120

In mph it would equal:

1st: 10
2nd: 17
3rd: 27
4th: 36
5th: 51
6th: 74

It works quite well. So much fun with my Note3. I really need a tablet!
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs

Larrylu

I would need different numbers as I don't have the PP.

Mac98SHO

2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

BigPelo

Quote from: Larrylu on November 08, 2013, 09:12:20 PM
I would need different numbers as I don't have the PP.

I needed to change 3rd and 6th value because a 2 kph difference is enough to give problem displaying the right gear. Now 42 for 3rd and 112 for 6th. 6th way off!

BigPelo