• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FINALLY WENT TO THE DYNO 433HP AND 509TRQ

Started by ddlopes, October 23, 2017, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

So after resolving all the issues with my meth kit I finally took the car to do a few dyno pulls. The dyno was a Dynojet model 424 with linked rollers. I was able to run the car in 4th gear. The only issue I had was trying to turn off Advanced Traction Control. I held the button down for 5 seconds but nothing came up on the screen saying Advanced Traction Control off. So I just shut off the standard traction control. I did 3 pulls and the car laid down 433 hp and 509 trq. I was extremely excited with the numbers and I'll send Brad the logs to review. I'd also like to thank Brad for all his help. This was a PITA do to all the meth issues but he worked with me until everything was resolved. Thanks again Brad!!
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

Congrats! Nice numbers! Dyno graphs to share!.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 23, 2017, 01:23:25 PM
Congrats! Nice numbers! Dyno graphs to share!.  Z

JEBUS ...

@15% power-train loss (totally unrealistic for the hacked up AWD we have)
498 BHP / 585 BTQ

@20% power-train loss
519 BHP / 610 BTQ

@25% power-train loss
541 BHP / 636 BTQ
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ddlopes

Z what gear did you use on the dyno? I used 4th but couldn't rev higher than 5900 rpms before it shift into 5th.

Colorado-SHOBro

great #s ddlopes!! full list of mods for those of us on cell and can't see sig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: Airaid, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, AJP tune and Rovos Durban wheels

TopherSho

Quote from: ddlopes on October 23, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
Z what gear did you use on the dyno? I used 4th but couldn't rev higher than 5900 rpms before it shift into 5th.

Mine was done in 3rd.  4th is 1:1 ... but at that point your pushing past 160mph simulated and mine got weird in higher RPMs,   we went to 3rd and adjusted the load and got my numbers that way.

Also your tune can switch ON/OFF down shifts manual mode.  mine is set to not down shift so we can dyno without being in automode.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

ZSHO

Quote from: ddlopes on October 23, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
AFAIK the Dyno's were performed using which ever gear is closest to the 1:1 ratio,which on the SHO I believe that is 3rd gear pulls IIRC. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

derfdog15

Quote from: ddlopes on October 23, 2017, 03:14:23 PM
Here's the graphs...

Two questions. Do you have the logs for the power runs (I would be interested to see the boost vs. RPM compared to commanded boost vs. RPM - looks like there could be a boost spike at the peak number).

2nd. What is it with SAE correction/what is the actual correction factor used and conditions for the run? Some correction factors are more aggressive than others.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

Nice! Id like to comment later but you could ask the dyno shop for the raw dyno file and then download winpep and view the dyno pulls with and without corrections and smoothing
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress