• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Round 2:AJP turbo E30 tune@altitude

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, October 17, 2017, 05:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Last day the track was open and DA was actually really good for up here. hovered around 5800 all day.
got 7 runs in and they were all PB's. not a single run not in the 12's!
couple slips of my bests:car 309
against a 10' SHO with similar mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX5w9isa3WE

ran a trailered in cobra with slicks and skinnies.looked like it had some major work done but i edged him out

also had a race with a buddy's 15' SHO. good race and he got me by a tenth but at least i could hang with him. his mod list is in the video details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU2mbXqGn64&t=9s

unless there's someone i don't know about this is the first SHO to break 12's @ this track without meth,bigger turbos or spray.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Congrats!!! DA accounted for it's just as fast as my
LMS meth tune..

AJP turbo

Freaking awesome! I'm impressed to say the least!.

In my tuning endeavors I will say I'm surprised to see the car to car variation and then factor in local fuel quality and seeing the differences is eye opening. High elevation tuning is a different beast altogether and I will say I learned a few things from your car.

It looks like the upgraded turbo cars are trapping a bit higher than you but I guess that's to be expected but you are right with them ET wise in the 1/4 mile and that is impressive in my book considering what you pay for turbo upgrades

Times are Solid SHO BRO!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: AJP turbo on October 17, 2017, 10:30:11 PM
Freaking awesome! I'm impressed to say the least!.

In my tuning endeavors I will say I'm surprised to see the car to car variation and then factor in local fuel quality and seeing the differences is eye opening. High elevation tuning is a different beast altogether and I will say I learned a few things from your car.

It looks like the upgraded turbo cars are trapping a bit higher than you but I guess that's to be expected but you are right with them ET wise in the 1/4 mile and that is impressive in my book considering what you pay for turbo upgrades

Times are Solid SHO BRO!
Yeah it's almost puzzling to see the difference in performance among cars with similar mods. I suppose we will never know exactly what makes the difference. I'm just glad i'm on the winning side of it! I don't exactly consider my car a factory freak . . . and it's hard to get a comparison with the altitude factoring in.
I will say i'm blessed with having an awesome local petroleum company that mixes their own 85% ethanol blends 365 days a year so that's a luxury i don't take for granted.
In the end i think it's best summed up by saying it's where you spend your money not how much you spend. And buying the SHO and choosing AJP as my tuner are probably the wisest automotive performance related decision i've made in recent history.
The couple of guys up here with upgraded turbos are definitely a bit shocked at how well i'm hanging with them. The white SHO with the turbos and meth later uploaded a hotter tune and had a pb of 12.4@111 and i believe there's still room left to dial up the spark.

Regardless my personal goals for this car was to get into the 12's with no major upgrades. Certainly didn't think i'd do it without DP's or ANY bolt-ons and as close to "tune only" as you can get.
with AJP's help mission accomplished!
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.