• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GIGANTOREs Police Interceptor SHO Meth Sleeper

Started by GIGANTORE, October 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

What happens when you post pics, GIGANTORE?  Are you posting from a desktop or iPhone or Android ...?  From gallery, I presume?  Are you using Tapatalk?  Let's see if we can figure this out!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

While on IMGUR make sure to copy the  BBCode (message boards & forums) and then while on the Forum insert image paste it on the forum.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

Let me see if I have better luck going through tapatalk..

Success!!!

GIGANTORE

A few things I found interesting during this weekends projects.

- the wheel swap went without a singal TPMS error for either car. Just a straight wheel swap. I thought that was odd, but I'll take it.

- the length of the long catless pipe in the obx kit vibrates under hard boost. Turns out I don't have any exhaust leaks. Just a long run of pipe that rattles under boost.

- catless DPs, resonator delete, stock mufflers is a very tame combo. Absolutely ZERO drone highway or otherwise. Which I'm very happy to report.

-the BC coilovers are supper comfortable. Very firm but tame city driving. I didn't get a chance to push it in the corners at all. None of my tires would survive any moderately aggressive driving.

SHOdded

maybe cushion the OBX pipe some more, hopefully not a weld issue.  otherwise, sounds quite peachy!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GIGANTORE

Yeah, things are falling into place. The longer of the 2 pipes is just vibrating. Which is kinda common with catless DPs. Im probably just going to weld a bracket from one DP to the other. A gusset should help reduce the vibrations. Im interested to hear if anyone else reports the issue and what they do about it.

GIGANTORE

Dropped the car off for 5 new tires and an alignment.
Also picked up the last piece of the puzzle for the PI transformation.

Damn these vents are expensive

SHOdded

GIGANTORE

Time for an update. Still have a rattling sound from the down pipe vibrating under hard acceleration. It's actually gotten worse. And the popping sounds of the coilovers have gotten worse. Think I just need to retorque everything. Looks great though. Had an older guy pull up next to me at a light in one of the newer Lexus convertibles. He tried to keep up with me as we took the previous turn. He was blown away by how quick the sho was. "WOW! Nice to see a 4 door ford with some balls!" Thought it was pretty funny.

SHOdded

Can you isolate the rattling to the joints of the DPs?  Retorquing the bolts and/or doublegasketing may be the answer.

GIGANTORE

Pretty sure it's just the harmonics of the longer DP. I'm going to start with zip tying them together with a large heavy duty zip tie. If that works at lessening the noise, my theory is correct. And I'll weld a simple brace between the 2 pipes. I don't think the noise is gasket related.

GIGANTORE

Took off the charge pipe and cleaned it with carb cleaner. Ran the epoxy around the seems of both DV ports. It looks like the 2 DV inlet clamps were what was actually leaking. I replaced the 2 pressure clamps with worm clamps. I also took the opportunity to clean the throttle body.

SHOdded

Let's hope that is the last of the leak issues :)

GIGANTORE

Went to my exhaust shop to make a brace for the down pipes. It did help. But the rattle isn't gone completely. I'm gonna go back to him and do one more in a different spot.

I did find a trans leak though. And it looks pretty bad. I believe this is the output shaft seal. Located on the passengers side of the car.

(Sorry that pic isn't clearer. Didn't realize it was out of focus)

ZSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 16, 2017, 03:44:41 PM
Went to my exhaust shop to make a brace for the down pipes. It did help. But the rattle isn't gone completely. I'm gonna go back to him and do one more in a different spot.

I did find a trans leak though. And it looks pretty bad. I believe this is the output shaft seal. Located on the passengers side of the car.

(Sorry that pic isn't clearer. Didn't realize it was out of focus)
I had the same seal replaced under warranty @ roughly 30K!
I also had the TRANS Fluids changed @ the same time.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|