• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GIGANTOREs Police Interceptor SHO Meth Sleeper

Started by GIGANTORE, October 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

It's a 2014 PP sho. Bought with 38k mikes. Car came with LMS tune, plugs, stat, MAP, and resonator delete. Very clean. Very well kept. The idea is to make the perfect police interceptor out of a SHO. The ultimate sleeper status.
In addition to the tune, I just dropped in the k&n filter and H&R springs. The H&Rs are supper noisy. So this morning I ordered BC coilovers. LMS Alky kit and OBX catless DPs should also be here next week.

GIGANTORE

Got a call yesterday that the BC coilovers are being built-to-order. So ive got a 2-3 week wait time. Guess Ill start doing research into a push bar and PI wheels. DPs and meth should be here by the end of the week.

bpd1151

Why the push bar?

You're negating your efforts by adding all that weight on. Big Bertha's heavy enough.

Not all PI's have that. In fact, a lot don't.

Save the money. Save the effort. Most of all, SAVE THE WEIGHT!

Invest your hard earned Benjamin's elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

irondoor19

Agree with BPD, A sleeper is just that, Keep it sleeping C:-)
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

GIGANTORE

Because this is going to be a bug-out range/training vehicle. Im not too concerned about the weight. Also planning a trunk vault for the SBR and gear. Never know when youre going to have to push a bunch of zombies or a car out of the way. I know its heavy. I know it will increase chances of frame damage from collision. But if I can fit it in my garage, I want one. Im willing to bet the trunk vault weighs about the same or more than the push bar.

ZSHO

FYI- The bottom grill insert needs to be removed in order for the push-bars to fit and align properly.  Z

http://www.swps.com/5039.html

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6867.msg105795.html#msg105795

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

So thinking about Weight 4343 LBS for the 2013 SHO
Base Sedan or PI....?      3969 LBS.....? 400 LBS More
am I close on this...?

bpd1151

Quote from: irondoor19 on October 25, 2017, 12:34:20 PM
am I close on this...?
I'll scope out the placard on one of our agency's PI's later on tonight, and report back.

Assuming it's not busy dealing with the upstanding types of society that is.

irondoor19

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 25, 2017, 12:50:26 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on October 25, 2017, 12:34:20 PM
am I close on this...?
I'll scope out the placard on one of our agency's PI's later on tonight, and report back.

Assuming it's not busy dealing with the upstanding types of society that is.

Trying to read the data Plate on mine: i get GVW only, of course
my eyes are not very good in dark dimly lit places (like Bars/speakeasys)

bpd1151

GVWR shows 5,700 lbs.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 25, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
GVWR shows 5,700 lbs.

Yea: that includes the 950 LB Max load so 4750 LBS Max...? got to be Wrong as far as
the car Weight Goes. Will Find a Scale some Where., any Ford Info Out there on the PI...?

GIGANTORE

I'm now on the hunt for a PI front bumper. Want to see if I can find one in a salvage yard. I thought about buying a new front bumper. But I still need all the grills and trim pieces. So if anyone sees one, let me know. Would pick up 5 PI wheels too. Just don't want to buy new.

irondoor19

Quote from: GIGANTORE on October 26, 2017, 09:36:15 PM
I'm now on the hunt for a PI front bumper. Want to see if I can find one in a salvage yard. I thought about buying a new front bumper. But I still need all the grills and trim pieces. So if anyone sees one, let me know. Would pick up 5 PI wheels too. Just don't want to buy new.

I need them 2, And then will have a Spare Grill and Bumper Cover (white, Damaged, by repairable),
have been on the hunt, But not an easy thing to find (for a reasonable Price)