• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Starting Issue

Started by FearlessAZ, October 22, 2017, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

I have had an issue lately with trying to start my SHO.

I will hold the brake and press the button and sometimes it wont start. Just gives me a message to press the brake and push start. Seems to be completely random. Only happened to me a couple times and a couple times for the wife. I have tried to replicate it and can't seem to do so. And has only been the last month or so. Any ideas what can cause this? Is there some sort of brake switch or something that tells the cpu when trying to start?
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

It could be your brake switch! Does your remote start function?  .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

I don't have remote start. Wish I did though.

ZSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on October 22, 2017, 02:05:15 PM
I don't have remote start. Wish I did though.
Hold on tight. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I would first try changing the key fob battery to see if your issues still persist. Z
There is also a TSB -similar to the issues your having.
PDF Below.
   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdianpUUzRENmVOOWM/view?usp=drivesdk

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8053.0.html   

FearlessAZ

I will try the battery when I get home and see if that does anything.

I doesn't give me the message no key detected though. It is basically like when you press the push start without the brake being pressed. Goes into accessory and give the message to push brake to start.

ZSHO

I would also try experimenting with a 2nd Key fob.
Check to see if there are any loose wires around the brake pedal switch.
Flash a Tune lately?  OBD Device plugged in the port can sometimes cause a host of issues,glitches to arise. Z

FearlessAZ

Unfortunately, I do not have a second fob.

Most recent tune has been on for a couple of months. I was going to flash back to stock to see if it makes any difference

ZSHO

If that's your only key fob it probably is just the battery. 
Do you recall the last time you replaced it?

Btw make sure to get a good quality lithium battery like Energizer,Duracell.  Z