• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Re: Track Meet Ups!

Started by bamsho, October 19, 2017, 12:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on October 24, 2017, 01:21:23 PM
Thanks BPD, not sure why I was having trouble. 

First want to thank Z and his family for coming, and the surprise guest in Manu and his wife coming too.  That made my day.  Was nice to finally put a face with the screen names here. 

Z, it was an honor to drive your car at the track.  I know how hard it is to let someone else drive your car, esp at a dragstrip.  I'm pretty sure your car has more in it, but that was the best I could do.  Hope your back is doing better.

As for my day.  The pic with the double slip are the first two runs for the day.  The single slip is the best of the day.  Not quite the 2 tenths gain from BSD to Cecil but I will take it.  Still squealed the tires, but 60fts were still in the low 1.7s.  Other bug HP cars where having issues too, wheel standing, getting out of shape at launch, wheel hop.  So it wasn't just me.  DA started out at 100 and climbed to just over 1000, which is great.  Yeah I found a gas station that had 100 octane fuel at the pump.  So why not feed the beast.

Kris's phone has videos on it and will try to get them posted here.  I have a couple ideas for the winter, and one of them I need to talk with Anthony at Livernois about.  So I think this was a great way to end the racing season.  I have a list race this Saturday and a call out from a local guy with a lifted 13-14 F150 with a 5.0 in it.  He says he has a 100 shot of NOS on it, but no one has seen under his hood.  The race is for $50.  Not sure why he wants too, but money is money.

You ran a 12.0X on the LMS remote Meth Tune?? I do believe your signature is out of date lol!!

Typical bolt ons with meth and remote LMS tune?

bamsho

Yeah I know it is outdated.  Yes ran 12.17 on Livernois V10 meth tune.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on October 27, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
Yeah I know it is outdated.  Yes ran 12.17 on Livernois V10 meth tune.

Custom dyno tune or remote?

bamsho

No custom tune, its what Dan and Anthony cooked up.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on October 27, 2017, 04:56:49 PM
A custom remote tune to be clear.

Yes, despite some who disbelieve, LMS DOES remote tune.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

They do remote tune, it is just a different beast in the sense they do not work off datalogs.  I guess they have the data they need to figure out the changes to make per customer request.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 27, 2017, 05:15:35 PM
Quote from: bamsho on October 27, 2017, 04:56:49 PM
A custom remote tune to be clear.

Yes, despite some who disbelieve, LMS DOES remote tune.

Really?! BamSHO is the only one I have heard of them doing a remote tune for that is a one off for MORE power.. shifting changes sure... lord knows I begged them to turn it up on my remote meth tune as it will never see 12.1x... well maybe down hill with a tornado up it's rear...

Maybe it's a 2013+ thing..

In any event, I am impressed and congrats on that phenomenal time!

bamsho

Yeah each car reacts different to a tune.  Look a Rich's FreakSHO.  I definitely want him to run at Cecil.  I think he could run 11.8s there.

bpd1151

LMS has remote tuned a lot of their customer's cars. Mine included.

I just made it a point to go the extra mile and head to their facility (on multiple occasions now at that, as it's been many years) to acquire dialed in dyno tune(s) as well.

Plus, in this day and age of the internet, it seems the art of face to face interaction has long been lost. Making a personal connection with your vendors is tantamount to experiencing that ultimate customer satisfaction.

Much like meeting up with owners/enthusiasts at various events, etc.

I've just grown tired or trying to convince people that they do, and have remote tuned.

But yes SBS you are correct, Brian's definitely knock'n on those 11's himself.

ZSHO

If mother nature complies looking forward to head out to CCD one more time in the coming weeks hopefully better prepared and focused on an overall better ET.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Keep us posted. It's a  about 2.5 HRs from my house, but if ccd is a fast track, and other shos are going to be there I might make it.

SHOdded

CCD, Milan, and Englishtown (IIRC) are probably 3 of the best tracks to hit in the U.S. of A.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

MIR, Capitol, Cecil, Atco, Island are some of the fastest on the East coast.

ZSHO

Agreed from ^^^.  I have been to many Tracks such as Cecil county,Atco,Milan Dragway which are the TOP Tracks from my very own experience and are well prepped tracks with the exception of Island dragway which personally would avoid IMO. Z

BTW make sure to bring your own helmet @ CCD as they do not rent helmets,only option is to purchase. 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on October 28, 2017, 06:28:54 AM
MIR, Capitol, Cecil, Atco, Island are some of the fastest on the East coast.
Decal will be shipped Mon! good for a tenth @ the  Track.  Z  ;)