• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Car going into powersave mode?

Started by lamrith, October 19, 2017, 10:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Normally when you park and shut off car ut will keep radio and some accesories on until you open the door.  (Or certain time limit passes) 
Recently every once in a while when I park and shut off my car it drops into this powersave mode with message on nav.  I immediately kicked into accy mode and battery showed 12.4v, so not low..  sorry pict is blurry.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Actually, 12.4v is partially discharged.  But the important thing is CCAs not V.  Check that with a modern digital  tester like the Solar BA7, but pretty sure you will have to replace the battery.  AGM group 65 preferred.  Very low chance it is the alternator, but at higher mileages (say 100K+), cannot be discounted.

You drive the SHO enough to charge it daily?

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on October 19, 2017, 10:20:21 AM
Actually, 12.4v is partially discharged.  But the important thing is CCAs not V.  Check that with a modern digital  tester like the Solar BA7, but pretty sure you will have to replace the battery.  AGM group 65 preferred.  Very low chance it is the alternator, but at higher mileages (say 100K+), cannot be discounted.

You drive the SHO enough to charge it daily?

Thanks SHOdded. 
Drive daily to work, 20min+ each way.  Only 50k miles on car, voltage is good while running.  I will have battery checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

How R U able to the screen with all the finger-prints,smudges!!!.Lol. 
-on a serious note had that same exact issue for quite sometime now but since cleaning my battery terminals and adding some corrosion terminal protectors a while back it has never returned. 

I would IMO have a (Battery Draw test) performed for good measures especially with winter around the corner. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

Mine started to do that right before my battery took a dump.

I got a new 65 series AGM battery and it hasnt come back.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on October 19, 2017, 11:05:58 AM
How R U able to the screen with all the finger-prints,smudges!!!.Lol. 
-on a serious note had that issue for quite sometime now but since cleaning my battery terminals and adding some corrosion terminal protectors a while back it has never returned. 

I would IMO have a (Battery Draw test) performed for good measures especially with winter around the corner. Z

Yeah yeah I know, she needs a good interior detailing at this point for sure!

I will have a draw test done and install some protectors as well.

bamsho

Hate to say it, yeah your battery sure sounds like its on it way out.  I got this for my '13

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP7565
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

f8tlSHO

I have the same issue... car starts fine and has started fine. Battery is only a year old. Mine does it once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

lamrith

Quote from: f8tlSHO on October 19, 2017, 03:16:34 PM
I have the same issue... car starts fine and has started fine. Battery is only a year old. Mine does it once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not 100% sure the age of my battery, was in eh car when I bought it in Feb.  It does not do it all the time.  Did it this morning.,  May not do it again for a week, no real rhym or reason to it either.  Sat for a week, not driven, was fine, driven all this week and it did it this am...

Thanks for the input guys, that is what I was thinking as well, and I will have battery checked.

jbeez

My '14 battery lost a cell last dec. It was doing that for several months before the event.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

Heelfan1

My 11'150 the wife's 13' explorer sport and my 13 SHO all batteries died with 3 years Give or take a few months. Motor craft batteries suck a$$. I've got a 05 Kubota tractor that still has the original battery, and it sits 9 months out of the year,  and three fords that didn't make it 4 years.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

Izzybird

It used to be pretty tough to beat a motorcraft battery, the wifes '15 ate the battery about 6 months ago. I got 7 years out of the two motorcrafts that came in my 2000 7.3l.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

AJP turbo

Those BXT-650 batteries that came in the SHO's are junk...And they aren't super cheap....I would've swapped to a BXT-850 motorcraft maybe they will do better....My 14' SHO was having problems during the first winter when setting for only 3 days in the cold.

And happy 2700th post to me.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Ford rates their MC650 batteries as "medium duty".

However, they fail to acknowledge that given all the tech on the SHO's, that battery has consistently underserved the platform.

The average lifespan has shown to be 2.5 to 3yrs.

I myself upgraded to the 850, and have had better luck since then. Which is what these car's should've came with right off of/from the production line.

Damn bean counters.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jbeez

I'm absolutely convinced that the batteries are getting alot more taxed from charging/discharing happening while the Ford BMS system scales back charging in the name of fuel economy. I've heard you can just unplug the sensor next to the batter on the negative lead to disable it. I've turned it off in the BCM with a flash using forscan and an odbII adapter
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas