• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Occasionally backfiring? Anyone else have this?

Started by TopherSho, October 18, 2017, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Going with 3xNGK 6150's (same as before) and 6xMOTORCRAFT WR6135 .. crossing my fingers.  Hope this is not a actual coil issue or weak o2/wideband thingy ..

I do not want to deal with the dealership with no codes ...
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

Ok i logged it.  and i am bummed as s*** .. no misfires.  it backfired at 5000+ rpm several times.

log attached.  but it doesn't give me any hints.  Anyone else see anything I am not ?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

If it was me... I would buy six... what I don't use I can put away for when it's time to replace them.. at $6 a plug it's cheap insurance..

ZSHO

True indeed!  certainly don't want a half a** job done. Lol.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Will a meth wash hurt the plugs !?   should I be replacing them every 10k?  (that's how long I have had mine ..)

one last hail mary.  I will check the CAC..   it has never been a problem before... BUT it has been run HARD and above stock boost levels so it *could* be getting more than normal oil and goo in the bottom and eating it on high rpm runs. 

I will see about 'sticking' it today or tomorrow...

to be clear normal driving is perfect and strong.  it is under high load and high rpm the issue crops up.

ZSHO

The extra stress alone from the drivetrain on a Tuned vehicle should be changed more often preferably @ 12K intervals .IMO. for added reassurance purposes.  Z
So to better answer your question "Yes"
@ the end Fresh plugs,fluids=better performance.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

God i hated doing plugs on this car .. 6 plugs it is. 

StealBlueSho

TopherSho

Where and what does the boost solenoid look like ?

From Brad ""Chris go check your vacuum hoses around the boost solenoid, specifically the one that leaves the solenoid and goes to the intake pipe  or charge pipe. It looks like you are overboosting.""

is this some thing similar ?

thankx in advance..

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2017, 03:20:23 PM
I assume this is what is being talked about

Thanks SHOdded,  i thought that might be it but wasn't sure. 

NEXT mystery ::
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2010,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1445050,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

Brad says my primary O2's are sketchy ... but on the RA link above the closest thing i find to primary is ''upstream''.   any ideas?  since this is a race rig and DD i will pop for bigger cost/better quality pieces but i do not know which parts i need.. and to be honest if i should just replace all of them since i will be under there.

So far we are
6 new plugs to replace the 10k old NGK 6150's
6 new boots for the COP
2 new O2's for maybe 4 for good measure

thank you all in advance.

SHOdded

Primary = upstream
Secondary = downstream

When in doubt, go oem.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2017, 03:43:01 PM
Primary = upstream
Secondary = downstream

When in doubt, go oem.

Thank you sir!

well all-righty then ..  I wonder if i should just buy them from the dealership. i will have to call a price qoute them.

ZSHO

SHOdded

Call up one of the online dealers for all the parts you need, discounted.  Levittown Ford, Tasca, and AutoNation of White Bear Lake are tops in the trade.