• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Snow Size Tire Verification

Started by sjkarrow, October 18, 2017, 01:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjkarrow

I have a 2010 SHO PP and am finally buying dedicated snow tires, been running Conti DWS for the past few years but had some $ to burn and figured why not.

I took car to the dealer and had price things out for a set of Blizzak WS80's and a set of Enkie Performance PDC Rims. All together for rims/tpms/tires/alignment/etc was $1,500 which I didn't think was too bad.

My question is will 17's really fit? Prior to ordering everything I figured I'd ask the group.

tires: 235/60R17
rims: 17x7.5

photo of actual rim/tire combo from tirerack (which shows this as an available combo for the SHO)

ZSHO

Welcome aboard sjkarrow ! There might be clearance issues with the 17 in wheels due to the brake calipers rubbing IIRC. Z

Here is a dedicated thread below that might help out.
   https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1631.0.html

Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience,thanks. Z
    https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sjkarrow

Thanks for the quick reply-

Interesting that the I need to change from the 235/60R17 to 235/65R17, I looked at Tire Rack and TireSize.com before telling Ford to order. For some reason when I got to TR.com it's telling me not compatible... I would take everyone on here's word more so than the website. Just don't want to order the rims offline then realize they won't fit the tires.

Just an FYI, I know absolutely nothing about tires so this is all new to me.

ZSHO

I would preferably go with the 18 in wheel/tire setup which looks nicer and probably a bit less expensive due to it being a popular size and not having to worry about clearance/fitment issues is a plus IMO.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

You're going to want 18s. That is the smallest size that will clear the stock brakes without going fully custom.

I looked into a set of drag race rims at one point, and talked to weldracing  at length about it. They said there was a possibility a 17 COULD be made to fit, but you would need to do all of the measurements and even then they may not be able to do it.

As I said, and the others here said, go with 18s, and then you can use the ford recommended size of 235/55/18 or similar depending on your tire length, stock 18s are 18x8. They come on the SEL model.

For reference 114.3x5 or 5x4.5 is the bolt patern. Any rim that fits the 2010+ mustang will fit the SHO just fine. I ran AMR wheels from American muscle on mine for a while.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

sjkarrow

Thanks!
I ended up moving to 18s (235/55R18) which is the size on the Taurus SEL, noted above. In addition I opted to go to Continental WinterContact SI Tires. I was able to do a few price comparisons and moving to 18's from 17's saved me $42 so overall a win.

derfdog15

Quote from: sjkarrow on October 18, 2017, 06:57:09 PM
Thanks!
I ended up moving to 18s (235/55R18) which is the size on the Taurus SEL, noted above. In addition I opted to go to Continental WinterContact SI Tires. I was able to do a few price comparisons and moving to 18's from 17's saved me $42 so overall a win.

Glad to help! Post some pics once you get em all set!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

polskifacet

Police usually use 245/55/18 which i have recently purchased. Also verified they clear the fenders with H&R springs.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs