• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tune flash and key cycle count

Started by boostedflex, October 17, 2017, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey all,

I believe mode 7 and 9? data will show ford corporate flash count, but assuming their is an issue that does not go that far, does flashing back to stock blank reset the key cycle count and codes?  Want to know if the dealer would easily see it.  Gonna start feeling my dealership out as well on mods, really missing my Torrie tune, need to do something soon.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

SHOdded

I do not believe the count can be reset.  That would defeat the purpose.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

boostedflex

Hey sorry I know that the flash count can't be reset, my concern is KAM memory being blanked.  So if I lost an injector, thru a code, then bent a rod from hydro lock.  If I bring it in and all codes are cleared from flashing to stock that would be a big red flag.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

SHOdded

Good question ... not sure on that one, but certainly if they expect to see codes given a situation, and they don't see any, and the PCM isn't bricked, there would certainly be cause for concern on their part.  The timing of the flash count would be very suspicious, I think, and in dire situations like you have posited, would certainly mean a call to Ford Engineering.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

boostedflex

Ok so I am gonna work on feeling out my dealership, gotta bring it in next month for the exhaust issue, if I get a positive feeling I may just tune it, if I don't, I will probably Boostmax it and datalog the life out of it to make sure everything is running safe.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

jbeez

I have some heavy car audio gear, so i always recharge my batt unhooked overnight before bringing it in for service bc idk how long they'll have it, its a great excuse for me after i return to stock

Also my dealer service dept isn't very sharp

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas