• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New to this, what do I need

Started by jjc155, October 14, 2017, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjc155

Hey guys new to the guage/data logging stuff.

What do I need to do basic stuff with either my Iphone 7 or Ipad on my 2017 F150 3.5eb?

What program, what connection/connection method etc.

Don't need anything real fancy, just want to check and clear codes, check sensors, boost and stuff like that.

Thanks
J-
2017 F150 XLT Sport SCREW 4x4, Stock 3.5EB.

Gjkrisa

Forscan is probably the cheapest option I know of but not as user friendly as torque pro an Android is

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Or dash command

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

Forscan Lite from the iTunes store definitely is the frontrunner.  For $5, it's a daaaaaamn good piece of software.

Ideally tho, you would have a tuning device to work with - the response times, the PIDs available, give you a lot of flexibility and keep up with your needs :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

6500rpm

Sorry to necro this, but I just picked up OBDlink MX and right now I'm going to Bluetooth to my Windows 7 laptop for starters. My question is, I'm going to pick up a dedicated tablet,at work  Hyundai and Kia has recently gone to a Samsung Android tablet connecting via hotspot. As far as data transfer and refresh rates, is there a huge difference between a hotspot and Bluetooth performance? Android vs Windows?  Also, what kind of storage capacity should I look for (32GB, 64GB, etc)
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHOdded

I use Android. And find samsung to do quite well with networking speeds.  I also find processor speed and internal RAM to be of utmost importance.  I like the 3GB RAM because I do log someimes 8 hour trips with nearly 80 parameters sometimes.  But 2 GB minimum.

Did you pick up bt or wifi.  Bluetooth definitely  gets interference from wifi and cell signals, so try to control that.

Storage space depends on how big the logs are.  But more is never bad.  Keep at least 1 GB aside for logging to happen unhindered.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

OBDLINK which is included with the with the mx is pretty powerful especially if you cough up the 10 bucks for the enhanced package for your model year. There is an absurd amount of pids for the cmax for all modules on the network. IIRC there is logging but I've never used it. For tuning purposes I will only rely on the the X4.

It is an android program as well.

Mine came with a disc and a full logging suite via Windows along with the phone/tablet app you can download for free.

IMHO it also has better tools to create layouts than it's competitors. You can actually share layouts with others and allegedly scales to any screen size/device. I had one person test and it was scaled perfectly.

There is a thread in the datalogging section with other layouts I've whipped up. My only frustration is there is no way that I've figured out to get min/max data on the digital gauges. I've asked them for that or a telltale function but have yet to see it.