• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dual in tank fuel pump arrived!

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 06, 2013, 10:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05yellowgt

600rwhp on pump gas would be about 420rwhp on E85.  It would be nice to be able to get to 500rwhp on E85, but that sounds like it might take some upgrades to HPFP or injectors.  If the HPFP was oil driven like older HEUI diesel fuel injection systems High pressure oil pumps then we could turn to someone like Stealth Industries and get something like this little bad boy that my Dad has on his 2000 Excursion Powerstroke which he has tuned up to somewhere between 500 and 600rwhp.

In fact we might end up in the long rung looking at a manufacturer like Stealth industries to build up a from the ground up Billet version of the stock pump built to provide higher volumes and acceptable pressures.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

EcoPowerParts

Is that pump electric or driven by belt?
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

05yellowgt

It is gear driven.  Actually, the more I think about it, there isn't MUCH difference between the HPOP from a 7.3 Diesel and an HPFP from the 3.5 ecoboost.  The HPOP is driven by the timing gear set (the HPOP sits in the valley of the 7.3 at the front of the motor) and the HPFP is driven by one of the Cams in the OHC design of the 3.5.  The only other differences are that the HPOP pressurizes engine oil to drive the hydraulically actuated HEUI DI fuel injectors and the HPFP pressurizes the fuel itself on the ecoboost to be injected by the electronically actuated DI injectors.

Provided that the HPFP can be improved in it's ability to provide addtional volume, while fitting into the same general footprint as the stock HPFP, it could prove to be a quite interesting option (though by no means cheap).
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55