• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Leaking Oil

Started by RNBatMan13, October 13, 2017, 05:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RNBatMan13

Hey everyone, Im new here but a member of powerstroke.org so I'm fairly familiar with the forum ways! Now to what your knowledge may help me with, my 2013 explorer 3.5 cohost has developed an oil leak. Now I'm currently deployed and need so advice on what may be going on. The leak is on the passenger side of the motor and from the face time video seems to be coming from the back side of the motor what is everyones thoughts. Oh. and the only mods are a oil catch can. Thanks for everyones time.

SHOdded

Depends upon the amount of oil.  Seepage could mean a pipe is loose or cracked.   Dripping can be from the oil feed line back there.  But really need to pull the hose off the turbo and make sure no oil is pooling there.  Hate to have a blown turbo seal.  That is a good 7 hrs of labor to replace the rear turbo.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

What type of OCC a do you have?  I wonder if the oil start leaking after having the oil catch can installed!!!
How many miles on your XSPORT? 
Full synthetic oil & Motorcraft oil filter?

Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

RNBatMan13

Ill have to dig into it in a few weeks when I get back, its the mcnally or rx can. and its been in there about a year. no leaks before now though. if I'm mechanically inclined to the point that I can pull a 6.0 power stroke and bulletproof it and then re assemble it and all is well, would that be enough abilities to do the job and if it is that turbo seal can I buy a kit to rebuild it or is that a dealer item? We run full synthetic oil I think and mobile 1 oil and filter. its got 68000 roughly on it.should we switch what we are using to all rotorcraft products?

sholxgt

Consider the rear valve cover gasket/spark plug well seals.  I don't know if it's also an issue with the Explorer's, but the SHO/MKS have valve cover/seal gasket leak issues.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Yes definitely you should have the skills to do this yourself if you can pull & build engines.  As to rebuild kits, not much available, there are CHRAs and there are upgraded turbos as options IIRC.  OEM turbos are getting cheaper if you want to toss one in and call it a day.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!