• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Spraying meth but no cooling temps in the intake ...

Started by ddlopes, October 13, 2017, 04:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 31, 2018, 10:24:27 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on October 18, 2017, 06:02:04 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on October 18, 2017, 11:09:25 AM
Geezuz.

Having read about all those push lock connections leaking, is yet another reason for a well advertised public service announcement to be broadcast about steering WAY FAR AWAY FROM the Snow (following term used loosely....) "Performance" Kit.

Egads.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Probably why they recommend their boost juice... non flammable... oh and for alll that is holy don't run their kit on a meth dependent tune...

Ddlopes went down to 800psi at the rail because there was no meth... could have been really bad...
Did AFR spike?

I would have to go back to the log.. I can't remember...  but on a meth dependent tune you are also relying on the meth to take the stress off the fuel pump... the WBs pick up the extra fuel so to keep lambse it pulls fuel from the pump thus taking the load off it....

So on a hopped up meth tune he wasn't spraying enough and his fuel pressure dropped and I believe he was getting quite a bit of KR to boot...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 31, 2018, 10:22:25 PM
So I think I have the same issue. I have no leaks I went with AN fittings and stainless less braided lines. I have primed the system and when I run with the back seats down I can hear the pump working.
When I removed the hose from the nozzle and put boost on the reference line the pump turns on and starts spraying. But I don't even see a 5degree difference at all.
Any ideas what else might be causing this?
I'm currently running boost juice I barely installed the system yesterday and have sent a log to AJP and waiting an answer but from looking at log the temp never drops.
I do have a 3gallon tank and my pump is leveled with the tank but there's enough juice to keep the pressure to the pump up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Check your STFT on both banks... they should be reporting that fuel is being pulled...

Brad will be able to tell...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 31, 2018, 10:36:53 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 31, 2018, 10:22:25 PM
So I think I have the same issue. I have no leaks I went with AN fittings and stainless less braided lines. I have primed the system and when I run with the back seats down I can hear the pump working.
When I removed the hose from the nozzle and put boost on the reference line the pump turns on and starts spraying. But I don't even see a 5degree difference at all.
Any ideas what else might be causing this?
I'm currently running boost juice I barely installed the system yesterday and have sent a log to AJP and waiting an answer but from looking at log the temp never drops.
I do have a 3gallon tank and my pump is leveled with the tank but there's enough juice to keep the pressure to the pump up.

Check your STFT on both banks... they should be reporting that fuel is being pulled...

Brad will be able to tell...
I'll just have to wait and see what Brad can tell from my logs. I'm pretty sure something f'd though. I've had the worst luck modding this car. Every new mod I do is hell to get it right.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

A no3 nozzle from devil's own is 370ml/min. 5hat should be enough to make some difference in temps right? Or is that I'm just not spraying enough?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

TopherSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 31, 2018, 11:05:07 PM
A no3 nozzle from devil's own is 370ml/min. 5hat should be enough to make some difference in temps right? Or is that I'm just not spraying enough?

I was/am running a 375ML nozzled for a rated 280psi pump.  It was taking temps from 160f to about 110 on 105-degree days at PIR.  I have not read the previous portion of the thread but i would ask what pump you are running, and what pressure.  if your running a pump under 200psi you are not delivering what you might need.  I in fact am upgrading to a devil's own 440ml@200 psi on my 280 psi pump.  i expect to be pushing a little over 600ml when its done, it is a bit above average but not even close to a few elite members here. 

have you tested the nozzle?  one thing you may need to try is run out your meth,  fill with DI water.. then trigger the pump with the nozzle out.  if it is not a uniform spray you have a delivery issue,  also some nozzles are shorter than others.. take a pic of the nozzel depth in the bung and post it here. lastly where is it planted ?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on April 02, 2018, 05:45:47 PM

I was/am running a 375ML nozzled for a rated 280psi pump.  It was taking temps from 160f to about 110 on 105-degree days at PIR.  I have not read the previous portion of the thread but i would ask what pump you are running, and what pressure.  if your running a pump under 200psi you are not delivering what you might need.  I in fact am upgrading to a devil's own 440ml@200 psi on my 280 psi pump.  i expect to be pushing a little over 600ml when its done, it is a bit above average but not even close to a few elite members here. 

have you tested the nozzle?  one thing you may need to try is run out your meth,  fill with DI water.. then trigger the pump with the nozzle out.  if it is not a uniform spray you have a delivery issue,  also some nozzles are shorter than others.. take a pic of the nozzel depth in the bung and post it here. lastly where is it planted ?

I talked to him.. he is using a boost reference adapter that goes inbetween the 3BAR and the manifold.. and its thick. I suspect its lifting the sensor out of the path of the meth enough to where the temp sensor isn't getting cooled.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 02, 2018, 08:40:39 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on April 02, 2018, 05:45:47 PM

I talked to him.. he is using a boost reference adapter that goes inbetween the 3BAR and the manifold.. and its thick. I suspect its lifting the sensor out of the path of the meth enough to where the temp sensor isn't getting cooled.
Yes I'm currently trying to figure out the best looking and neatest way to tap into another source so I can sit the 3bar back on the manifold.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...