• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Spraying meth but no cooling temps in the intake ...

Started by ddlopes, October 13, 2017, 04:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 14, 2017, 06:17:46 PM
Your fuel trims suggest that your pump is not spraying correctly. Your STFT dont look like they are pulling fuel until 3rd gear.. would make sense with what you are seeing.. fuel pressure dropping because there is not enough being sprayed...

probably gonna blow your sh!t up...

I'm only seeing 2 degrees of knock... Hopefully I can figure it out soon before anything happens!!
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

StealBlueSho

Sorry, I was being a smartass..

It appears from the logs your pump is being lazy... I would double check to make sure there is no air in the system.. your stft and intake temps will both dip for a short time even without meth. The logs appear to indicate that your not spraying at first but then it starts at the top of 2nd iirc..

Check your pump connections, boost reference for it, and also make sure there is not air in the system.

Good luck.

ZSHO

X2 agreed with SBS and possibly need to purge air out of the kit.
It probably happened while suckling out the old Methanol . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

Funny you guys say there's air in the lines. When I tested the system I install clear line to the existing line so I can see what the meth is doing before and after I spray. And I can see large enlongated air pockets in the line. How do I purge the system??
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

StealBlueSho

Is there a test button on that kit? Or a button to prime the system? I would disconnect the nozzle and prime the system (continuously spray) until all the air is out. Spray in back into your meth jug or container.

I would verify that your pump is lower than your meth tank as that can cause air to get into the system. Also a check valve might be worth investing into...

ZSHO

There should be a prime button on the (left hand button)side of the controller IIRC.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 15, 2017, 08:59:09 AM
Is there a test button on that kit? Or a button to prime the system? I would disconnect the nozzle and prime the system (continuously spray) until all the air is out. Spray in back into your meth jug or container.

I would verify that your pump is lower than your meth tank as that can cause air to get into the system. Also a check valve might be worth investing into...

I don't believe there's a prime button on this snow performance stage 3 kit. Yes I placed my pump lower than my meth container... but not by much though! My system has 2 solenoids.

ddlopes

Quote from: ZSHO on October 15, 2017, 01:00:23 PM
There should be a prime button on the (left hand button)side of the controller IIRC.  Z

I'll check

ddlopes

ddlopes

Perhaps the line looping down and then up over the pump and fitting on the meth container fitting is causing the air in the line...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ddlopes on October 15, 2017, 03:37:09 PM
Perhaps the line looping down and then up over the pump and fitting on the meth container fitting is causing the air in the line...

Could be, these pumps are gravity fed so if the meth runs low in the tank and there isn't enough "weight" to keep pressure in the loop the meth will back off the pump in the line... I had a similar issue. Took the slack out of line from the tank to the pump so it has a slight decent from the outlet on the tank to the inlet on the pump. No issues since.

After talking with Julio you really want the pump the lowest point.

ddlopes

Ok I'll fix that line between the tank and the pump. Also I applied 12volts to the pump and ran it for 5 second Intervals 10 times. The pump seemed to have very strong pressure every time without any lag. I also applied 12volts to the solenoid and I could hear it click open and close every time. So I wanna do a pressure test on the pump. Just need to get the tool setup it for it.

StealBlueSho

How are you setup for boost reference? The stage 3 can be setup a couple different ways I believe?

ddlopes

I'm getting boost reference from the brake booster on the drivers side of the firewall. My settings are strictly to inject off of boost. Although you can set it up to inject off of FRP. I have two nozzles and the first one starts to spray at 4 psi and maxes out at 5psi. And the second nozzles starts at 5psi and maxes out at 6psi.

ddlopes

FWIW... the snow performance controller reads the same amount of boost as my boost gauge. So I'm thinking the boost reference is ok