• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 red sho with PP and some canadian bacon mileage 225,kms

Started by Fozzforded, October 10, 2017, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fozzforded

Im sorry to report but the repairs on this car might exceed my patience and capital so Im thinking of selling...if not selling.

It's an early 2010 candy red sho pp that has lived a single owner life for all intents and purposes, and never tracked.

Was a 1 hour commuter for 90% of its mileage and the other 10% I put on with zero trouble other than the manageable leak which has now grown to unmanageable from the oil supply tube to the rear turbo.

It has new brakes and rotors all around with 5k at most and a new agm motomaster battery built sept '17 and just installed last week.

The body unfortunately is in need of attention as it has been victimized in a few spots ie. the hood, a door, both bumpers...not talking severe abuse, but there is paint level damage on some of these areas.  Some bubbles are apparent on the trunk ( 1 I recall), a couple of spots on the roof near the windshield, and beginning on front pass wheel well.  Small dent with no paint damage on the passenger door and one on the hood that has paint damage.

Have the original bill of sale and bought the car of my father who had it as a company vehicle from new. 

The only issue that I can honestly speak to is the rusted out oil supply line to the rear turbo and the intermittent paint touchups, few dents mentioned, and a low lying crack under the wiper of the windshield. There has been a little oil getting past the seals of the rear turbo for a while and was showing around the blow off valve port when I bought it off dad.  I believe there is a little oil in the well of the intercooler as well, but I did investigate the piping from the rear turbo intake to the intercooler and it not showing any sign of oil past the blow off valve.  The BOV is in fine shape though it was oiled filmed upon inspection.

As I'm not mechanically inclined to undertake this repair and am reluctant to make the next investment in this car, I'm putting it up for sale and or to gauge interest.

Feel free to ask questions and I will do my best.

The car is stationary due to the leak so there won't be a test available.  The car drove fine and is why Ive spent 1500 on it in the last few months with the breaks/rotors and battery.  Only change from stock is that addition of a KN rechargeable air filter.   I'm sad to admit that as I had hopes to get this car running a little faster and make it an ongoing interest... but was just not able to capitalize on the opportunity.

Some additional ford fluids to be included:  4 quarts of tranny fluid, gallon of coolant, 2 quart diff fluid. (all ford products)

The car is located in Ontario, Canada near the town Orangeville. 

Asking for $8500cnd

Pics to come

ZSHO

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your having but due post some pics of the vehicle with current pics of odometer(mileage) @ your earliest convenience as per forum rules,thanks. GLWS.
Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,31.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Sorry to hear, sucks to be in this situation!  It has 225,000 kms, you say?  That is about 140K miles.  GLWS!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Fozzforded

Sorry I can't post the odometer until I have a clear plan as to what Im doing with the car.  If the process of selling goes slowly then I may just go ahead and roll the dice and have the repairs performed.  I'll post the odometer pics in a day or two as I inch closer to the reality...if thats ok with you guys?

More pics will come of the interior which is immaculate if I do say so my self and is the best selling feature of the car.  Never smoked in even once!  Bolster and everything is in excellent condition.  Much of the interior is as good as new.

Rubber is Falken 20" and is 80% from new.

Cheers

Fozzforded

Just a little courtesy note to all those interested parties ;)   

I'm having the work done in the coming week and may consider having some paint touchups addressed to get rid of the so-called biggies to the discerning paint pro.  The subjective eye can be so cruel :-\

In the meantime, I will be taking down the ad later tonight and for those who are interested, don't hesitate to make some offers as the car has 90+% highway mileage and does run great.   A new 2.0 ad (if you like) will surface in the coming days or week after the repair is made and or after the paint touches are completed.

Thanks guys.

Fozzforded

ZSHO

NP.... :lock:   Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|