• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vacuum Hose Connector!!

Started by ZSHO, October 10, 2017, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Today noticed a hissing sound coming from the Brake booster vacuum line towards the drivers side strut tower.
I believe the sound is coming from the gray rubber Vacuum Hose which has a check valve next to it and IMO is vulnerable over time due to high heat,stress especially with its Curvy appeal and dimensions which makes it susceptible to leaks over time.

The hose is a 3/8" ID. IIRC -for anyone interested,the part number is listed below,hope this helps someone out.  Z  :)

I think after changing the spark plugs this weekend could of damaged the fragile components related to vacuum line,hose during the process. IDK.

Part Number: 9E499AA5Z  -(9E499) ..$3.96

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=DYq4bMK2KwilpDgt0u0G%2bA%3d%3d&id=431728050&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Taurus

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-aa5z9e499a/?c=Zz1lbWlzc2lvbi1zeXN0ZW0mcz1lbWlzc2lvbi1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9S0cxMDMyMDUmcj1sYXllcl8xNSZhPWZvcmQmbz10YXVydXMmeT0yMDEzJnQ9c2hvJmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

I'm not sure Z. Mine hisses quite loudly, more so when I changed the whole pipe to a rubber pipe for boost reference and I don't even have that fitting in the system anymore. I would say hissing in that pipe is normal.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

ZSHO

Quote from: polskifacet on October 10, 2017, 04:49:21 PM
I'm not sure Z. Mine hisses quite loudly, more so when I changed the whole pipe to a rubber pipe for boost reference and I don't even have that fitting in the system anymore. I would say hissing in that pipe is normal.
Hmm! That's interesting cause mine never made a peep prior to noticing it today.  :hmmm: 
The loud hissing is not normal IMO but can be wrong.!
Polski is the hissing more pronounced with A/C ON? Thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: polskifacet on October 10, 2017, 04:49:21 PM
Polski any pics of the modified rubber pipe for boost reference ? Thanks.  Z
Btw- would of preferred a loud Moan than loud hissing..LMAO. 

polskifacet

AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

polskifacet

AC doesnt matter. Its probably that check valve, the grey one you see in the picture. If you take it off the intake pipe and put you finger on the hose, it stops completely.

GIGANTORE

Pretty sure that line only sees vacuum. So using it for boost won't work.

polskifacet

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 25, 2017, 10:15:30 PM
Pretty sure that line only sees vacuum. So using it for boost won't work.
Its both. I've been using it for my meth spray. Mine has always been loud.

jbeez

The line that runs across the strut tower brace comes right out of the upper intake behind the TB, so when you're under boost that portion of the tube gets loaded with boost as well. The check valve mechanism in grey should separate those things out. One line from the brake booster, one from the upper intake, and one hose goes to the intake shortly after the air filter about where it splits off to both the turbos.

ZSHO I don't believe you have the right part number. I think you need the whole assembly its about $40? I replaced mine recently and the one I received from tasca is a slightly updated design but functions the same.
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

arrivalblue

That line that goes across the strut tower what's that part number? Having trouble locating the right piece lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

That's the small 3/8 rubber. But I mean that long one that connects to the throttle body and 90's to that tube. Every time look it up picture appears wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

what does it look like at the throttle body end?  does it split off somewhere or does it only go to this small tube?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

SHOdded

Vacuum Hose - Ford (DG1Z-9C490-B)