• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Misfire That I cannot seem to Fix. I TRIED! Also lunging RPMs.

Started by plymouth383, May 23, 2017, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

150k on the whole drive train. How is the engine? How is the PTU?

Bronco2fan

She was running great. Lots of pep and power. No news from the tranny shop. Didn't get to her today. Said first thing in the morning.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

Bronco2fan

Got her back from the tranny shop just now. They think it's the torque converter. More pronounced in the lower rpm range and levels out in the higher rpm, typically torque converter. Here's the scan pic. Hope you understand it better than I did.

2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

pmezo33

Quote from: Bronco2fan on October 06, 2017, 06:41:42 PM
Got her back from the tranny shop just now. They think it's the torque converter. More pronounced in the lower rpm range and levels out in the higher rpm, typically torque converter. Here's the scan pic. Hope you understand it better than I did.

Another torque converter bites the dust.  Welcome to the club. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Bronco2fan

So I spent the morning checking wire connections on any sensor that I thought was affecting the performance, didn't find anything unusual.

So I pulled the airbox to check the transmission fluid and it looked good. So I decided to try the band-aid approach to her. I put the no shudder in the tranny. I really didn't expect anything to help, but to my surprise I did. I drove her about 5 miles and no shudder, lunging or tach surges at any speed.

Now I realize it's still just a bandaid and will probably still need tranny work. But for now it seems ok. It just gives me some time to see what's available and the cost

I want to thank you all for your help and information and will post anything else that comes up with this issue.

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Good to hear!  Hopefully the problem is early stages and the Shudder Fix lasts a while before you have to take the trans in for a rebuild.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!