• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Changed drain plug

Started by bamsho, October 07, 2017, 10:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Well since the SHO is down waiting for new meth pump, will be here today.  I decided to do PTU fluid change.  Since I use the drain hole as my fill hole too, wanted to come up with something little less messy.   Some changed out the drain plug.  Used a 1/4 to 1/8 thread coupler and a 1/8 plug.  Installed the coupler with thread sealant, then filled up with Amsoil( first time trying ).  My fill hose fits tightly into the center so while filling it doesn't leak out around the hose.  Then pulled out the hose and installed the plug.  Lost some fluid, but like I did both times before.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on October 07, 2017, 10:17:40 AMI use the drain hole as my fill hole too.

Ahem........ wait, you do what???? We're not discussing your anatomy this time around, correct?

LOL Brian, sometimes you make this too easy for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Anything to make the PTU fluid change easier!  IDK if a Fumoto valve would be a good fit for this application.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Not sure either Manu.  The downpipes and PTU are in the way.  I tried to put a 90 there, didn't eork.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

What happened to the Pump?  BTW Thanks for the previous info. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

Pump started a very small leak at one of the screw heads.   Wasn't messing around, ordered new pump, installed today.  Will send old one back to get rebuilt and keep it as a spare.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on October 07, 2017, 04:10:42 PM
Pump started a very small leak at one of the screw heads.   Wasn't messing around, ordered new pump, installed today.  Will send old one back to get rebuilt and keep it as a spare.
Excellent choice to ALWAYS have a spare on hand. Not worth the worry, or downtime, waiting for new one to be delivered.

Spare pump on hand, 20min or so of your time to R&R, means you'll be back up and running lickety split.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I'm sorry for being off Topic and Excellent advice from ^^^ but was the pump purchased new,used and wasn't it installed recently?
I know a new pump typically has a two year life span depending on usage and couldn't agree more about having an extra pump for backup purposes.

The reason for asking is mine was installed roughly 6K ago and gets TONS of USE every single day with frequent key on/off cycles since the SHO is my DD and certainly on the agenda .TIA.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

I've run almost 15 gals of meth thru it this year.  I'd say 90% was been track time.  So the pump is going to straight full power immediately.   Things happen, but I knew this going this route.

ZSHO

I guess those Trophies don't come without a price!! But all in good fun! Thanks for the clarification.  Z   :)

ZSHO

I changed mine @ 30K and looking forward to changing it soon over to some good quality Amsoil for some added assurance.
I also removed the Temp sensor. Z

SHOdded

Why remove the temp sensor?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2017, 03:31:58 PM
Why remove the temp sensor?
I figured more fluid would come out and lastly clean out any gunk buildup on the sensor. Z  :)

SHOdded