• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Question - IS there Any Way to turn Off the Traction Control on 2013 PI....

Started by irondoor19, October 06, 2017, 01:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So...
this came up @ the 1/8 Mile:
IS there a way to turn off the Traction Control on a 2013 PI....?
I am making an assumption this might be done thru Programming...?
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

I would try to Shoot Jason(jmr061) a Pm or @ Jason@fordPImods.com
Hopefully he will chime in soon.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Dxlnt1

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

irondoor19

Well:

I DID learned something about the PP Package,
but on the 2013 PI, there is no traction Control Switch on the Police Version
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

5ohSHO

It is located in the menu for the cluster display. I'm at work and can't remember the exact tab it is under, but it is in there.

ZSHO

I thought I saw something on page 152.  Z
Page 152

USING TRACTION CONTROL

In certain situations (e.g. stuck in snow or mud), turning the traction
control off may be beneficial as this allows the wheels to spin with full
engine power.
The traction control system can be turned off through the information
display. See the Information Displays chapter.

USING ADVANCETRAC WITH RSC
The system automatically activates when you start your engine. The
AdvanceTrac with RSC system cannot be completely turned off, but
the ESC and RSC portions of the system are disabled when the
transmission is in R (Reverse). The traction control portion of the
system can be turned off independently. See the Traction Control
chapter.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/13polom2e.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

5ohSHO

Go to settings, driver assist, traction control and then you can turn it off. All in the cluster screen.

sholxgt

That's the same place it is on my Lincoln.  Pain to navigate if you're the first one in line at the drag strip.  I had a heck of time starting the car and getting t/c turned off and back to the tach screen on the short drive to the staging beams.  I wasn't quick enough on my first attempt and didn't have a tach for my first round.

Any other Ford, Honda, GM, VW, etc I've owned has a simple button that you either press or hold down to fully disable.  Much easier.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

5ohSHO

Luckily I have an analog tach and Speedo. It is still a pain to get to though compared to a button on the console.

sholxgt

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106