• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New LMS tuned mkt, am i expecting too much?

Started by qak, October 05, 2017, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncole

Quote from: qak on October 07, 2017, 12:38:10 PM
Just got back from a drive with the torque app.  If its to be believed, I dont think its anywhere near where it should be in terms of power. 
accel....  .75
boost......14
0 to 60....6.4s
1/4 mile.....15.1 @95.1mph
1/8th mile.....9.8 @77.1

Now this is figuring the weight at 4200 pounds for the app and I might be wrong on that figure?? It does seem much quicker than factory but IDK to me it seems lacking a bit.  Maybe I will be happier with meth and the required tunes.  However I am very happy with the car in general, especially with the price.  Please let me know what you think of the numbers and If I am totally off base with my expectations.  I am happy with LMS and the smoothness of the tune, I just want more hahaha

I use Torque Pro.  It's ability to "stop the clock" when a speed and/or distance threshold is reached is pretty iffy from my experience.  Many times I have seen the speed eclipsed and then look down at my phone and it still hasn't registered the speed has been reached.  That being said there is an option to have it communicate faster, and you can turn off some other features like MPG calculations that will help allow processing power go towards timing.  Also, the type of bluetooth adapter you have matters from what I have read.  I have a cheapie.  My guess on mine is that it was off on my 0-60 by about .5 seconds and the quarter mile by a full second when stock. You seem to be off by more than that especially when considering you are tuned.  Now that I am tuned though I have clocked with Torque a 4.4 run to 60 and a 12.9 1/4 on the street. I would say average is 4.8 and 13.2.  I still don't believe it though because my trap speed on the 12.9 was 110 I believe.  That 0-60, ET, and trap speed don't really jive when comparing to other SHO's.  If my trap speed is accurate, I should be more like a 12.4 or if my ET was accurate more like 106.  My guess is I am running a 12.6 @ 108 lol.  I watch all kinds of info though and still find it interesting.  The 40-60, 60-80, 80-100, and 0-100 are ones I display.  "Good" times for those respectively are 1.8, 2.5, 3.5, and around 11.  I also watch wheel torque and wheel HP.  This is where your weight matters, the 0-60 and 1/4 don't care what weight you have inputted.  I personally have 4700 pounds stored in my profile.  On my tune (93 race tune LMS) my numbers are on average at WOT from a dig, 355 whp and 390 wtq.  I will say on the wheel torque, 410+ can be achieved by putting the trans in manual and flooring it in 3rd, 4th, or 5th from as slow as the car will let you go.  With my tune, the transmission will not auto downshift like the stock would. 
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

LostnEye

I don't use Torque but heard those numbers are not the most accurate. Plus a lot of factors go into getting good times. My last time at the track I was half a second and 4mph slower than the trip before.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts