• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Goodies- Coils and Noisemaker Delete

Started by gtmorgan23, October 04, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on October 05, 2017, 02:47:45 PM
Well, it is very difficult to extract gains on modern vehicles with ignition or air intake components.  As is obvious from the plethora of Dyno charts, gains tend to be relatively muted and in the upper rpm range.  OEMs have pretty much locked down the low and mid-range.  So what we are left with is bling for everyday, and a bit of an edge when the high revving action happens.

And certainly what I said earlier was to lighten the mood :P

Much appreciated SHOdded :D

And to be honest, once I get another SHO, I probably would get coils for the possible gains with an upgraded turbo set, since I was basically at the end of the line mod wise other than custom FMIC or upgraded turbos/fuel system with the previous SHO before we had to part ways.

@OP you will definitely enjoy, and if nothing else, I expect the MSD will last longer than the OEM counterpart would, and in higher stress situtations to boot. The noismaker delete is a wonderful change as well.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

jbrown9999

Never saw an update after the coil and the hot pipe install.  Where are the pics and how does it feel?
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

FoMoCoSHO

X2 on updates and wondering if you want to sell your noisemaker pipe?