• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Trans TEMP

Started by DerricksSho, October 03, 2017, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerricksSho

where is everyone at with their temps I just did a trans drain and added 7qrts of AmsOil trans fluid to me it seems to get hot fast. I was Data logging to day and it was up to 220 after 3 hard pulls it cooled back down after driving it down to high 190's. Just wanted to see where you guys are Thanks
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: DerricksSho on October 03, 2017, 11:43:52 PM
where is everyone at with their temps I just did a trans drain and added 7qrts of AmsOil trans fluid to me it seems to get hot fast. I was Data logging to day and it was up to 220 after 3 hard pulls it cooled back down after driving it down to high 190's. Just wanted to see where you guys are Thanks
I used to see 200+ pretty regularly with normal driving when ambient temps were high. I ended up swapping the trans by-pass valve thermostat to the PP version and it helped quite a bit. will usually run in the 190's now. I later added the aux cooler unit but found it to make little difference.
Read up on these threads for reference
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6585
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5389.0.html

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

Need to do at least 1 more drain/fill to see benefit from the Amsoil fluid.  I am surprised tho you got 7 quarts out.  Most people get 5-5.5.  Capacity is 11.6 quarts.  1 more D/F will get you to 85% exchanged out.  2 more D/Fs will get you to 94%.  So, try for at least 1 more D/F.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DerricksSho

Thanks guys.
SHOBro do you have a part# for that by-pass valve didnt see it in your post?
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

bpd1151

Quote from: DerricksSho on October 05, 2017, 03:47:33 AM
Thanks guys.
SHOBro do you have a part# for that by-pass valve didnt see it in your post?
x2 on this request.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

The external trans cooler keeps the the temp within 10 degrees of the thermostat rated temperature.   Mine runs at 195-200 even if I make multiple hard runs on a hot California day.  Personally I would like to see it at 180-185*
Working on a washer that would close the thermostat a little earlier.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: SHOdded on October 05, 2017, 05:22:07 PM

Thanks SHOdded you da man! i got the thumbnail to work but that's much better.

I'm growing more and more disdain for photobucket everytime i see a good how to wasted.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

ya, it is a poke in the eye alright.

DerricksSho

How fast did you guys do your second drain and fill? Just asking because this stuff isnt cheap but I know how the old saying goes you PAY to PLAY!! Im already see better resultants. Im going to order that part tomorrow Thanks.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Gray Brick on October 05, 2017, 05:47:37 PM
The external trans cooler keeps the the temp within 10 degrees of the thermostat rated temperature.   Mine runs at 195-200 even if I make multiple hard runs on a hot California day.  Personally I would like to see it at 180-185*
Working on a washer that would close the thermostat a little earlier.
Keep us updated on this. I'd be interested in doing something like that

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

polskifacet

yall welcome for that bypass valve trick :p. mine are around 190s when i beat on it. have bypass valve and aux cooler.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

jbrown9999

Sorry for the noob question but I didn't see anything mentioned for mileage when to actually change trans fluid.  I've seen 20k-50k for PTU but don't recall seeing suggestions for Trans fluid.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: polskifacet on October 05, 2017, 11:27:23 PM
yall welcome for that bypass valve trick :p. mine are around 190s when i beat on it. have bypass valve and aux cooler.
polski- are you running the aux cooler with the 2 T fittings or just straight back to the trans from the aux cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

Quote from: jbrown9999 on October 06, 2017, 08:29:01 PM
Sorry for the noob question but I didn't see anything mentioned for mileage when to actually change trans fluid.  I've seen 20k-50k for PTU but don't recall seeing suggestions for Trans fluid.
Ford states lifetime or 150K whichever comes first.  LOL.  I would go by old timey standards of every 5 years or 60K miles.  More frequent the harder you drive it.  So Normal conditions - 5/60.  Special Operating Conditions - 3/36.