• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

11’s on pump gas and meth..?

Started by StealBlueSho, September 28, 2017, 08:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on September 29, 2017, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 29, 2017, 02:59:24 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on September 29, 2017, 02:09:24 PM
idk with your setup i almost think you could bump up the boost some and sacrifice very little/no timing. even if you had to drop 2* across the board your already above MBT so you shouldn't really be losing any power there.

and generally speaking no, don't think anyone has gone 11s on stock turbos without race gas. don't know if you consider E85 "pump gas" but don't think that's been done either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you calculating MBT?
not calculating exactly more generally speaking. i've discussed it briefly with Brad as well. but it seems 24-27 is the vague figure, which also coincides with other boosted platforms. a lot of factors go into determining MBT and of course it's always changing. i know load,afr,ve that the ecu uses to extrapolate it. loads of dyno testing would be the only real world way to verify. be nice to have brad come in and elaborate on specifically how it works with the SHO ECU.
anyhow, IIRC you were around 28* advance so if you could scale back to 26* but add 1/2lb of boost without knock i'd call it a win.

OR dump in some race gas,up the boost and leave timing alone.

He sent me an email about it awhile ago. I will obviously defer to his guidance since well... he is my tuner.

Agentlongwood

I'm betting you've already seen and considered it, but what about stuff from Super Six Motorsports?  They seem to carry some mods that I've never seen anyone talk about.  Ported intake manifold, ported heads, Cams, Stroker Crankshaft...  A stroker crankshaft does sound like a pain in the ass to install, but going from 3.413 stroke to 3.60 stroke seems like it would make a good bit of difference, while still using pump gas, right?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

J-Will

Quote from: Agentlongwood on October 01, 2017, 08:37:33 PM
I'm betting you've already seen and considered it, but what about stuff from Super Six Motorsports?  They seem to carry some mods that I've never seen anyone talk about.  Ported intake manifold, ported heads, Cams, Stroker Crankshaft...  A stroker crankshaft does sound like a pain in the ass to install, but going from 3.413 stroke to 3.60 stroke seems like it would make a good bit of difference, while still using pump gas, right?
Every time I think about a p&p on the intake manifold I eventually end up remembering that Torrie mentioned dimpling being a better route. I don't know if he's doing the r&d behind it, though my assumption is no because of the expense. But it makes it difficult to do a normal p&p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Agentlongwood

I admit I know absolutely nothing about dimpling vs porting.  As far as expense though, Super Six looks like they will port the aluminum intake manifold for $350.  No idea what kind of gains are to be had, or if there are any gains at all.  But I am surprised nobody has tried it and posted results here... seems like folks are willing to try a lot of stuff that costs more than $350 bucks.  http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/_pdf/3.8_4.2/SSM2013Cyclonecatrev3IntakeManifolds.pdf
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on October 02, 2017, 12:57:11 AM
Dimpling the TB for the F150 has been tried
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2426.msg48920.html#msg48920
Amazing to me, scrolling back through that link you provided Manu..... in just a short, 3yr time span, how most of the forum users in that thread, are no longer EB owners.

And a reminder of how many promised vendors have come and gone as well.

Meh. Short timers. Just an ironic observation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Sadly true.  I suppose more typical of the performance oriented aspect.  Lots of net casters, not many real fishermen.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

Guess incorrectly remembered the vendor.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap