• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

11’s on pump gas and meth..?

Started by StealBlueSho, September 28, 2017, 08:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

93 Octane and 100% Meth, is it feasible? Or am I gonna be knock limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopherSho

IMO, After MANY logging sessions at the track,  it is the launch that is the limit.   Get your temps down and spark high on launch and get that 60ft near or at 1.7 and you should crack it.

the Problem will be now that were late season tracks are cold .. traction with 21+ spark on launch is going to be seriously tough.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

I am going to be battling winter gas too... might need to throw some E85 in it to stabilize the octane...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I have always added a bottle or two of Heet(yellow bottle) to combat with the winter - blend fuel  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Race gas, if no other changes made, will likely be needed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

hmmm.. Ok. I should be happy with very low 12's on pump gas with meth... I don't want to ask Brad for a race fuel tune...

SHOdded

Higher quality oils/fluids could cut into the et a little, but idk about getting you across that line.  Can you refresh me on what you are using, and how often you change out?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 28, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

hmmm.. Ok. I should be happy with very low 12's on pump gas with meth... I don't want to ask Brad for a race fuel tune...

Be it my whacky opinion,  but you are on Brads meth tune.  I have been wondering .. since the tune is not keying off of STFT,  and seems to be more knock related what happens if you drop in 1:7 gallons of e85 : 97-octane ..

maybe im crazy .. but would not the drop of knock with 98 octcane\e11 help boost launch spark?   
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

J-Will

SBS was there any discussion around your topic asking for feedback on upgraded turbos Vs CHRAs?
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Agentlongwood

If the issue is traction why not get a set of wheels and drag radials.  If you just want to crack 11s at the track I would imagine that would be a pretty substantial help. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

bpd1151

Quote from: Agentlongwood on September 28, 2017, 09:41:46 PM
If the issue is traction why not get a set of wheels and drag radials.  If you just want to crack 11s at the track I would imagine that would be a pretty substantial help.
Drag radials have previously been proven ineffective on this platform.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sholxgt

A little tire spin wouldn't be bad if it didn't cause the car to go into a sh!t fit.  My car gets very cranky if it detects traction loss and that's with the traction control turned off as much as I can without having a PP car.

I wonder if there's any way to get the car to power through the spin?

I will add that my best 60' came with a cold car and driving it straight to the line with as little throttle and time spent as possible.  I don't think the PTU likes any heat.

Speaking of which...wonder if a total driveline fluid swap would help your endeavor?  Maybe it's just me, but I swear my car launched better when I had fresh fluids.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Agentlongwood

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 28, 2017, 11:55:15 PM

Whoa, that's weird. What made it infective? Did the extra grip cause new problems or something?

TopherSho

Quote from: Agentlongwood on September 29, 2017, 08:49:46 AM
Quote from: bpd1151 on September 28, 2017, 11:55:15 PM

Whoa, that's weird. What made it infective? Did the extra grip cause new problems or something?

'Good' Dragradials require heating them up to get sticky.  other than pulling the AWD fuse you cannot do burnouts (real burnouts) with the front tires.   so they stay cold and chatter worse than a cold summer tire.

you best best for moding wheels is lightweight rims up front and super low tread life summer shoes. 

Agentlongwood

Ah, ok that makes sense.  Thanks for filling me in.  I was puzzled on how DRs would end up failing to help, lol.