• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Re: Cold start rattle!

Started by ZSHO, September 22, 2017, 08:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Although my pics are still being held hostage by Photobucket, looks like the exact same procedure I wrote up on the bumper removal "How-To" on the 10's through 12's.

Fairly easy job once familiar with it. Fastest I got mine off was 12min.

Good luck Z!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

^^^ exactly what he said. There are a couple tabs up top that sometimes need a little guidance and by the headlights.

Fingers crossed it's something simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

This unfortunately might require a dealer visit since it needs some fasteners.
I tried to pushing it in on both sides for the time being. Z
High-lighted in Black

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

What's that black on there?

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 23, 2017, 04:12:57 PM
What's that black on there?

That's the section that came loose on (both sides). Z

Is this better!!!Lol.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Do you have the part numbers for those? If you need them let me know. Both of mine broke when I took off the bumper for the Alky install.

Total cost was $19 both both sides, and its one bolt holding them in. Super easy to replace.

My guess is they snapped when the LMS guys removed your front bumper and they didn't notice. Although if they don't clip in correct it doesn't sit right... so not sure how they didn't notice. And my guess is that is the only time your front clip has ever been removed.

bpd1151

YES! I was scared for you for a moment there.

Lol.

StealBlueSho

Ok... like $16 a side... still not terrible.

ZSHO

Thanks there SBS! That's what i had.!!!
Its members like you and others who don't hesitate in lending a helping hand and contributing,its something i have been accustomed to throughout the years here @ E.B.P.F.  Z  :)

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-side-support-ag1z17c947b/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9YnVtcGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzLWZyb250Jmk9Sk4xMDAwNjUmcj1sYXllcl80JmE9Zm9yZCZvPXRhdXJ1cyZ5PTIwMTMmdD1zaG8mZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

StealBlueSho

Just banking my brownie point for when I really piss everyone off one day..

Are you planning on swapping them yourself? If so, I did it by poping out the plastic screws in wheel well and the bottom 8mm bolt.. it gave me enough room to pull the front clip away to swap out that part...

The single bolt is a 13mm IIRC which was odd as almost everything is 8 or 10 for mouldings...

If you run into issue please feel free to reach out! If you were closer I could just swing by and knock it out in 15min...

ZSHO

@ SBS due appreciate the offer!!! I should receive it by Wed. Z  :)

FORD AG1Z17C947B 
Category: Reinforcement (Only 13 Remaining)
$11.14 ea

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ford,AG1Z17C947B,reinforcement,1001720

SHOdded

The O in FORD stands for ODDITY.  Hope that fixes it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

MANU your much to kind sir!  :)    I have an appt @ the Ford Dealer this week for re-alignment and will have them check it out, thanks. Z

ZSHO

Update I found the engine cover loose since having my DPM installed.
The engine cover does not sit flush on the engine due to the DPM being slightly higher on TOP of the manifold which makes it difficult to fully secure the cover and only the front two fastner's,insulators can be fully secured which IMO is causing the brief plastic rattle sound upon cold start up. Z

The bumper issue is my fault due to the lower skirt getting stuck on the curb . :banghead:

SHOdded

Such a purveyor of RED!  Even hitting a RED brick wall, LOL!  Yeah, the cover makes sense, I guess at least you can still have the cover kinda on, unlike with the hiflow HPFP.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!