• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Can I rotate the intake on a 3.5 EB?

Started by suprathepeg, September 21, 2017, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suprathepeg

Can the 3.5 EB intake be rotated to position the throttlebody over the back of the motor?

glock-coma

I don't think it's possible without major modifications.
The tstat housing is incorporated into it.

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

Certainly an interesting question.

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone having presented this question before, or even having considered completing such a mod.

Glock's correct in the tstat housing and having to factor that into the equation.

May I ask what could possibly be the point of undertaking and/or performing such a mod?

Trying to free up some room to install something else perhaps??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

A common mod on the yamaha v6 when installed into a rwd setup.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

cut the intake runners in the middle and then weld them back together, rotating the base with the top. I don't know what you're going to do for room for the TB though... :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts