• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1/8 mile and DA

Started by StealBlueSho, September 21, 2017, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Is there even a case to be made or is it so short of a run that DA doesn't effect much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

I think DA comes into play regardless of whether we are looking at 1/8 or 1/4.  I have reviewed many of my timeslips and see 1/8 times dependent upon DA.  It has a greater effect on the 1/4 but the 1/8 is definitely affected as well.   I was a tenth quicker and 1 MPH faster in the 1/8 in 1650 DA vs 3000 DA.  I was 2 tenths and 2 MPH faster in the 1/4. 

StealBlueSho

Just looking through my time slips and comparing DA to times...

Best time with AJP was 7.923 @ 90 MPH with a DA of 600

Best time with LMS was 8.102 @ 88MPH with a DA of 1600

Besides DA difference, the 7.923 was with new tires and the 8.102 was with worn out tires...

Just over analyzing things as usual..

StealBlueSho

I am gonna go to the track tonight to see if I can get that LMS tune into the 7's with the new tires.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Man.... I dunno.... maybe it's the track? This Alky tune from LMS will run 8.1's all night long....traction tonight sucks..

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 21, 2017, 06:40:31 PM
Man.... I dunno.... maybe it's the track? This Alky tune from LMS will run 8.1's all night long....traction tonight sucks..

what's the da tonight? sometimes  the cool weather drops da at the expense of traction and you won't get much of the benefit of cool air in the 8th. traction is everything. however if you were on the 1/4 you could ease it off the line and let it eat that cool air all the way through the gears.

morale of the story:
get your ass to the 1/4 mile track! lol

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

DA is 1195

StealBlueSho

Track prep is terrible... EVERYONE is spinning out like crazy..... I'm done.

SHOdded

Enough of the peewee league, let's go after the big boys!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!