• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 trade in on 2013+

Started by StealBlueSho, September 15, 2017, 10:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I really enjoy(verbiage change per SHOdded's recommendation) my job one SHO... any reason NOT to trade it in on a newer model? Getting ready to rip everything off and getting a newer SHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

LOVE is not that malleable a word to me even with "objects" such as cars.  Always something newer/better out there. 

Besides look at the prime example, the torch carrier if you will for the Gen 4 ... bpd.  'nuff said.

ADD to the stable rather than go for a SWAP :D

That's all I got, LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

I went from a 2011 to a 2014 w/PP back in December. The brakes alone made that choice worth while.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

Night Hawk

Did it myself from 2010 to 2013, apprehensive at first, after a short time, never looked back.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

bpd1151

SBS it's all contingent on your own personal feelings my friend. I suppose you'll get arguments either way.

Like from a practical perspective, the '13 and up, the PP equipped specfically, have all the auxiliary coolers in place.

I myself, like the LED tails of the '13 and up, and I may steal BAM_SHO's next time we're together when he's not looking. Ha.

But on the other hand, I also prefer the analog, old school gauges in the instrument panel of the '10's through '12's. The gauge cluster on the '13 and ups are cool, yes. But again, matter of preference.

Let's see, brakes are certainly better (in an OEM format) on those '13 and up.

I am not a huge fan of the controls on the '13 and up. I like my knobs and buttons to fidget with.

What else? Oh yea, FMC attempts making it harder and harder to tune each successive model year with different encryption algorithms. That's no bueno.

I mean you see what I'm saying?

The entire community can go back -n- forth on various items all day long. As I have here in just the aforementioned few differences in said model years alone.

Ultimately, it's your wallet the money's coming out of, and you alone who'll be hopping in/out of the pilot's position each time.

I myself absolutely love my 2010. Starting over (my) mod list would be quite the endeavor in a newer model. No thank you. Good luck in whichever you choose. From my perspective, either way you can't go wrong. It's a great platform all in all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

X 2 on ^^ it's certainly a personal preference and I think bpd1151 basically summed it up quite well with the exception of the Sync System being less complex and up to par on the 13+.

IMHO certified pre-owned or car fax doesn't mean Squat and finding a SHO that was not Tuned or abused is like finding a needle in a haystack because of the limited production especially with the Performance package version!! just some food for thought. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

All very good points thank you!

StealBlueSho

My Jetta had the front end taken off by someone running a red light once... insurance didn't total it even though they did 19K in repairs... and IT NEVER  WAS REPORTED TO CARFAX.

Certified pre owned is nice... but I am gonna void any warranty it comes with so I am not gonna pay extra for that if I do decide to go newer.

I do like the "analog" gauge cluster over that electronic stuff...

I would like the advancements in the ECU though being able to monitor more... the updated PTU with drain plug, brakes, tail lights etc....

I wouldn't mind having both my 2010 and newer 2013+ but I don't want three perfectly running cars... just too much to take care off...

bpd1151

Owning multiple, perfectly functioning cars, is a PITA.

Ongoing maintenance, fuel costs, insurance costs, you name it.

I own 4 total at the moment, and lemme tell 'ya..... convenient how the Wife and kids always seem to forget how to put gas in it, wash them, etc.

My neighbors all laugh at me and say I look like a damn car porter on the weekends, running each of the four back -n- forth to the gas station. I'm surprised my financial institution hasn't called me out of concern for seeing four back to back charges all at the same Shell gas station near me. Oh well.

I'd entertain another SHO if FMC opted to release the newest body style revision here in the States. I'd mos def retain my 2010 SHO though. She's a keeper for years to come.

SHOdded

Bpd ... tamed?  Can it be???  O.   M.   G.  I'm gonna faint.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on September 16, 2017, 08:54:01 PM
Bpd ... tamed?  Can it be???  O.   M.   G.  I'm gonna faint.
Ha! NEVER.

Now respectful and responsible? For sure.

I may have slowed down just a tad over the years, but never tamed.

After all, I ain't no twenty something anymore. s***, I'm knocking on 50's door. That my friend, is some scary @$$ $h!t.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk