• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

center cap question

Started by haunter, September 20, 2017, 09:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

I have a factory flower wheels.  I have seen some of the factory all black wheels, have black ford center caps.

any idea a) if they are swappable?  b) reasonable to acquire?

I am sure ZSho or SHOdded will chime in as always :D
13 SHO PP - 170 T-Stat, Sp-534's, 3Bar MAF, Unleashed Tune

ZSHO

The stock caps are 2 9/16 =65.8 mm.  There are not easy to find especially in Black without the extra  $! $! $.
I'm not a fan of the fake knock-offs. Z

Here's one available.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-15-Ford-Edge-Explorer-Flex-Taurus-wheel-center-cap-6F23-1A096-BA-hub-H503-/172788555217?epid=1211273030&hash=item283b001dd1:g:~R0AAOSw3v5YrGEI&vxp=mtr

BB5Z-1130-B

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/4653/c3625-ford-ranger-flex-taurus-oem-center-cap-3l241a096aa.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Not sure what yrs/models these fit exactly, but this may be a possibility?
9L8J-1A108-AA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Ford-Explorer-Edge-Escape-Black-OEM-Center-Caps-9L8J-1A108-AA-/182714551864

Believed to be OEM.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

haunter

ZSHO

Quote from: haunter on September 20, 2017, 09:34:27 AM
I have a factory flower wheels.  I have seen some of the factory all black wheels, have black ford center caps.

any idea a) if they are swappable?  b) reasonable to acquire?

I am sure ZSho or SHOdded will chime in as always :D
@-haunter we certainly try our best. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

haunter

you guys rock btw, I purchased that 15 buck set and they are perfect, clearly OEM.
new caps by digd0ug, on Flickr

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

haunter

ZSHO

EcoAbe

For those forum members who revisit this thread at a later date, I have a story about 2013/14 vs 2015+ center caps. A friend of mine leased a 2014 SHO a few years back and had an issue with the Ford logo falling out of the center of the cap. I believe he lost two or three emblems and the dealer would replace them, just to have them fall off again. I think Ford fixed this issue in 2015 by changing out the cap to a slightly larger bore for the center cap on the wheel, and a modified variant of a chrome cap with a larger Ford logo that is printed on the cap, rather than being an inlay.

The reason I found this out is because I am currently running a set of 2014 Lincoln MKT wheels on my 2015 SHO... About a month ago, I found that the clear coat on my 2015 center caps from the stock flower wheels was separating... flaking off like dead skin. My local dealer warranty'd them and I got a new set... Went out to the car to pop them into my MKT wheels and found they did not fit. I ended up grabbing a set of 2013/14 SHO center caps off eBay in black and sure enough, they fit right into the MKT wheels, but the 2013/14 caps did NOT fit the flower wheels.

Moral of the story... know your wheel sizes
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package