• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth weird power behavior (renamed from meth failure)

Started by TopherSho, September 16, 2017, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on September 26, 2017, 01:07:13 AM
Quote from: TopherSho on September 25, 2017, 09:44:44 PM
Na,  the brakes are bad enough (not sufficient) so I am not comfortable with that idea.  Brad will see what he can do.  And we will see where we get with him coding around it.

If all else fails then I will roll back to the last meth tune that did not have the issue and call it good.  I liked the power of rev3, in a dragrace rev3 made some easy kills out in PIR..  but as soon as we went rev3 the tq errors came on strong and make daily driving very much un-enjoyable.

finger crossed,  Brad has been amazing,  and has tunes on stronger rigs so i am very hopeful.

added a new log... check out timestamp 359+ .. it is slow roll into a farm road in 1st gear.  i floor it and it does some super sketchy power management.  it stop all power *hard* and a little scary then goes nutz
Hopefully no one looks through my download history and sees i downloaded a file with the words "big, log, and tranny"  LOL!!

Oh I have soooo much fun in restaurants with this topic when the gang hangs out::
"Yeah I banged the tranny real hard .. started slipping so i changed out the lube .."
"I should have been doing meth YEARS ago. Im going back to the dealer right after lunch!"
"I ran that b*tch HARD when she got tired i feed her more meth and got back on it .."

The looks I get .. priceless ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: dubcitySHO on September 25, 2017, 09:25:30 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on September 25, 2017, 02:30:47 PM
Just pull out the abs fuse and call it a day lol

SBS and I spoke briefly about this when trying to fight our TQ15 demons, I believe before he was alky injected.

For science, I gave it a go, and yeah it works 100% on my 2012 nonPP.  Instrument cluster lights up like a Christmas tree and the DIC freaks out telling me all the errors, but Advancetrak is beaten.

I don't condone this as a full time solution, but if you want 0 intervention from Advancetrak for say, track use, I'd say give it a shot.

Yea, does your rear wheels still get power? Which fuse was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubcitySHO

Yes my rear wheels still had power.  It is the #9 ABS Pump fuse in the box near the battery. 

The only immediate downside was all the indicator lights and warnings.  Still had all normal drivability, with the obvious lack of any ABS function whatsoever. 
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

StealBlueSho

Quote from: dubcitySHO on September 26, 2017, 08:08:57 PM
Yes my rear wheels still had power.  It is the #9 ABS Pump fuse in the box near the battery. 

The only immediate downside was all the indicator lights and warnings.  Still had all normal drivability, with the obvious lack of any ABS function whatsoever.

Nothing a little electrical tape can't hide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopherSho

I have rolled back to rev22 (meth rev2) and am retesting.  I am waiting to hear back from Brad who is hideously (and understandably) busy.

I may propose we start making much smaller edits to this tune versus the large jump we made in rev23 (meth rev3)
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

AdrianSHO

That's crazy yours is failing I've ran 100% meth before with no issues ran it for over a year now. They do state that it's possible to run 100 % meth but they highly don't recommend it I wish alky was cheaper but you gotta pay to play right! Hope all goes well man!
2011 PP, intake, snow performance meth, 93 octane, 3 bar, plugs, custom tune by Torrie at unleashed

TopherSho

Quote from: AdrianSHO on October 19, 2017, 04:25:09 PM
That's crazy yours is failing I've ran 100% meth before with no issues ran it for over a year now. They do state that it's possible to run 100 % meth but they highly don't recommend it I wish alky was cheaper but you gotta pay to play right! Hope all goes well man!

turns out is is a issue with fueling/tune and the plastic lines.  I was not getting proper fuel enrichment at specific conditions.  we have tuned past that.  now i am getting some power variations but i am pretty convinced its the shitty plastic lines from SNOW.

sigh... I will need to replace the lines with braided steel,  and replace the pump for 4an connectors .. about 70% the kit cost.  my fault for not doing enough research and buying a noT buying A polskifacet KIT ;)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

I have decided to turn off the meth for now.  It is too cold and I am wondering if the issue is the meth not vaporizing..  at 375ml maybe I am getting wet in the cylinder but not enough to misfire.  Weather in Oregon is moist as hell and cold so I am betting the meth is wasted a bunch as is .. bummed out.

ZSHO

It should be noted the lines and fittings from Snow are inevitable for a catastrophic event,failures waiting to happen.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 22, 2017, 06:41:45 PM
It should be noted the lines and fittings from Snow are inevitable for a catastrophic event,failures waiting to happen.  Z

Yeah even thier support staff said to replace the lines in a year

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on October 22, 2017, 05:50:14 PM
I have decided to turn off the meth for now.  It is too cold and I am wondering if the issue is the meth not vaporizing..  at 375ml maybe I am getting wet in the cylinder but not enough to misfire.  Weather in Oregon is moist as hell and cold so I am betting the meth is wasted a bunch as is .. bummed out.
Yeah we are now in prime boost lovers weather for the next many months.  Challenge is traction is limited now, but makes AWD just that much more fun and a big reason why I bought the SHO!!  I was noticing Sat on the way home from the range that I was cruising on the freeway @ 77* IAT2  Even sitting idling at a the 3rd light in 1/4mile I was just reaching 100*.  I will not have the other benefits you have with Meth, but totally feel the change in performance from the cold air.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Air gets denser which helps for sure! Requires more fuel though for the same reasons... I suspect as usual we will start seeing posts about hesitations under WOT popping up here soon...

Meth in the winter helps offset that...