• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Lincoln MKZ - Limp Mode - Part 2 - DTCs this time.

Started by 14SHOCAR, September 12, 2017, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Quote from: sholxgt on October 11, 2017, 01:40:17 PM
Really sorry for this trouble you're going through.

If it were me, I would probably just quietly fill out the lemon law paperwork and submit.

You'll either get your car back quickly or it will be gone from your life and you can move on.

I'm there too. I'm just being reasonable and providing the dealership enough opportunities to resolve the issue. Honestly, Lemon law is between me and the Lincoln Automotive -- the dealership doesn't have to help. I'm hoping they will.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

sholxgt

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Sometimes the dealer is in agreement.  I had a buddy lemon law a 3500 Chevy Dually.  The dealership helped him fill out the paperwork.  They were done trying to figure out why the 454 was rod knocking after the second short block replacement.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

jims2015

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on October 11, 2017, 08:38:45 PM
Quote from: sholxgt on October 11, 2017, 01:40:17 PM
Really sorry for this trouble you're going through.

If it were me, I would probably just quietly fill out the lemon law paperwork and submit.

You'll either get your car back quickly or it will be gone from your life and you can move on.

I'm there too. I'm just being reasonable and providing the dealership enough opportunities to resolve the issue. Honestly, Lemon law is between me and the Lincoln Automotive -- the dealership doesn't have to help. I'm hoping they will.

Every car brand has a "Monday built" car sooner or later. Makes it difficult not to hold a grudge against the brand itself. On the other end of the scale, mine has been the most perfect car I have ever owned. Since showroom delivery 3 years ago it hasn't been back to the dealer even for the slightest issue. From what I've seen, most people have had minimal issues with this car line. Kind of luck of the draw. Hope everything works your way. 
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

ZSHO

I would stop making the monthly payments,given the Fact your vehicle has spent more time in the service dept than your very own home.
I would try speaking with leasing Co so maybe they can get you into something else.
Best of luck and keep us updated.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

Hey All -- I FINALLY got my car back yesterday October 18th, 2017. The car was in the dealership for a total of 28 consecutive days this time. This means my car has been out of service for repairs a total of 45 days.

The dealership ended up having a Lincoln engineer come out to inspect the vehicle. They literally checked every pin on the ECU and PCM to make sure it was within spec and it was making a good connection to male connector on the ECU/PCM. Every connector checked out as OK.

The only last thing they tried was to replace the Crankshaft position sensor. This required them to take off the Oil cooler to access the CKP Sensor. While I don't believe they were putting their best foot forward in the beginning, I actually appreciate the last two weeks where they thoroughly inspected the PCM/ECU.

After a conversation with the dealership, they are agreeing I should reach out to Lincoln Customer Relations to address the safety issue with the vehicle. I spoke with them today and I explained what was going on with the vehicle. I stated that I would like to do something with the car and I don't feel safe driving it. I also mentioned that I wouldn't put my wife in the car because she would have no clue what to do if the car died in an intersection. (I'm not even sure she knows where the hazards are lol). 

They are going to call the dealership, the Lincoln engineer, and get back to me with an offer by October 30th for a vehicle buy back. They said they have to send it off to a special team if they do see it meets the requirements of the "lemon law" (which after 45 days of repairs, I'm pretty sure I've met that requirement lol).

Last there are two VERY IMPORTANT things I want to point out here:
1. Being calm and kind to the dealership & Lincoln is definitely helping.
2. If you have a DTC pop up on the vehicle -- the 2017 MKZ will COMPLETELY CLEAR THE CODES if you have two successful starts without the code. If you have an issue, Have them tow it right away. Don't drive it to the dealership.

The loaner I've had for the last 28 days was a Lincoln MKX. I actually caught a video of the HVAC freaking out. Like possessed. I'll start a new thread for it. I'm beginning to think its me. LOL
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

derfdog15

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on October 19, 2017, 04:24:01 PM
Hey All -- I FINALLY got my car back yesterday October 18th, 2017. The car was in the dealership for a total of 28 consecutive days this time. This means my car has been out of service for repairs a total of 45 days.

The dealership ended up having a Lincoln engineer come out to inspect the vehicle. They literally checked every pin on the ECU and PCM to make sure it was within spec and it was making a good connection to male connector on the ECU/PCM. Every connector checked out as OK.

The only last thing they tried was to replace the Crankshaft position sensor. This required them to take off the Oil cooler to access the CKP Sensor. While I don't believe they were putting their best foot forward in the beginning, I actually appreciate the last two weeks where they thoroughly inspected the PCM/ECU.

After a conversation with the dealership, they are agreeing I should reach out to Lincoln Customer Relations to address the safety issue with the vehicle. I spoke with them today and I explained what was going on with the vehicle. I stated that I would like to do something with the car and I don't feel safe driving it. I also mentioned that I wouldn't put my wife in the car because she would have no clue what to do if the car died in an intersection. (I'm not even sure she knows where the hazards are lol). 

They are going to call the dealership, the Lincoln engineer, and get back to me with an offer by October 30th for a vehicle buy back. They said they have to send it off to a special team if they do see it meets the requirements of the "lemon law" (which after 45 days of repairs, I'm pretty sure I've met that requirement lol).

Last there are two VERY IMPORTANT things I want to point out here:
1. Being calm and kind to the dealership & Lincoln is definitely helping.
2. If you have a DTC pop up on the vehicle -- the 2017 MKZ will COMPLETELY CLEAR THE CODES if you have two successful starts without the code. If you have an issue, Have them tow it right away. Don't drive it to the dealership.

The loaner I've had for the last 28 days was a Lincoln MKX. I actually caught a video of the HVAC freaking out. Like possessed. I'll start a new thread for it. I'm beginning to think its me. LOL

Get back in a SHO or  PI, I think you're allergic to the Lincoln extras ;P
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

LOL @ derf ...  There are temporary codes, and there are permanent codes.  The temporary code is very similar to the throttle body situation in the Edge.  Except it would reset on the restart following the incident :o

Good luck, great this thing is finally coming to a resolution!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

Update 10/25/2017 - Lincoln Denied My Claim - They do not feel it meets the criteria for Wisconsin Lemon Law.

I also informed the customer satisfaction person about my headlight having a bad seal. I called the service manager and said I would like to have my car back in for repairs -- he was out by the time I called.

I asked to speak to a the next level up for the customer satisfaction (supervisor) who will be getting back to me tomorrow.

...more to come. I'm actually kind of shocked.

Wisconsin Lemon Law
PDF: http://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/dmv/shared/lemonlawafter.pdf
X   "A new vehicle that is no more than a year old and still under warranty is classified as a "lemon""
     It has a serious defect the manufacturer or dealer(s) didn't fix in four tries, or
X   It has one or more defects that prevent you from using it for 30 days or more (the 30 days need not be consecutive).

The car is a lemon if all of the below are true:
X  You bought or leased a new vehicle.
X  The vehicle is a car, truck, motorcycle or motor home or other qualifying vehicle described below.
X  The vehicle developed a defect or defects during its first year and before the warranty expired.
X  The defect seriously harms the vehicle's use, value, or safety.

One of the following happened during the vehicle's first year and before the warranty expired:
   The dealer failed four times to fix the same system defect; OR
X The vehicle was "out of service" for 30 days or more due to defects

The law provides that a vehicle is considered "out of service," if a consumer is unable to use the vehicle for its intended purpose because of either of the following:
X 1. The vehicle is in the possession of the manufacturer, motor vehicle lessor, or an authorized dealer for repair of a defect.
X 2. The vehicle is in the possession of the consumer and the vehicle has a nonconformity that:
      X  A) substantially affects the use or safety of the vehicle and
      X  B) the manufacturer or dealer has attempted to repair on at least two occasions.

What is a defect?
An irritating rattle may not be "serious" enough to make your car eligible for a Lemon Law claim. Your vehicle stalling or not running might be.

Am I missing something here?
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

14SHOCAR

Update 10/26/2017 - The supervisor called. He is confident that Lincoln's stance is that it does not meet the lemon law requirements. I asked to escalate it again.

Seriously -- W.T.F.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

bpd1151

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on October 26, 2017, 06:16:50 PM
Update 10/26/2017 - The supervisor called. He is confident that Lincoln's stance is that it does not meet the lemon law requirements. I asked to escalate it again.

Seriously -- W.T.F.
Boy.......

They sure seem to be fighting awfully hard to NOT relieve you of that headache. I wonder why?

Clearly it would seem to the average Joe that you've BOTH met AND surpassed the criteria laid forth.

Perseverance will hopefully pay off for you in the long run. Sucks to see the struggles in the mean time. Goodness.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

14SHOCAR

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 26, 2017, 07:46:55 PM

Perseverance will hopefully pay off for you in the long run. Sucks to see the struggles in the mean time. Goodness.

I started the process for pursuing action through the BBB. I also have an attorney on deck for this as well. The attorney is doing a free review of the case and all my details to determine how strong of a case I have against Lincoln. Ultimately, the Lincoln Limited Warranty expresses that I have to go through mediation PRIOR to them paying any of the legal fees. So we will have to see how the BBB views this issue, and if Lincoln is willing to do anything. If we cannot come to terms for a "reasonable" outcome, then I'll work with an attorney to pursue this further.

The key here is BBB before hiring an attorney. They can argue that I didn't follow the terms set forth in the warranty, and not pay the legal fees portion of the lemon law claim.

Does anyone else question my sanity for reading the Lincoln warranty? LOL
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

14SHOCAR

I started writing a letter to Ford Motor Company last night. I just wanted to share a few lines with everyone here. Who knows if I'll end up sending it -- but it felt good to write.

Ford Motor Company promotes its quality to its investors with "Improving quality is a daily priority at Ford. From Design and Manufacture to sales and service, Ford always aims to increase customer satisfaction.". Ford Motor Company promotes safety to its investors with "We have a longstanding commitment to developing and implementing innovations that make our vehicles safer to our customers and their families.".

My wife and I feel Ford's commitments to the safety and quality priorities are not being followed through in our situation. As we start building a family, we want to make sure that we can be confident in the integrity of the 2017 MKZ's safety systems. This should be unquestionable.

To this point, I have a genuine concern with the safety of my vehicle. You can ask anyone who is involved in my case that I've been respectful, calm, and wanting to work with Lincoln for a resolution. I feel that the determination of whether a vehicle meets some specific criteria for replacement is rather rigid, and that my situation has not been properly represented within Lincoln. In fact, I've never gotten an explanation on "why they determined what they did" other than "it doesn't meet the criteria".
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Brucelinc

I can understand why you are disgusted with this situation.  I hope Ford does the right thing for you.