• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Lincoln MKZ - Limp Mode - Part 2 - DTCs this time.

Started by 14SHOCAR, September 12, 2017, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Brucelinc on October 30, 2017, 01:05:14 PM
I can understand why you are disgusted with this situation.  I hope Ford does the right thing for you.

Update 11/9/2017 -

Ford finally received both my letters. They went to the same person. One letter was explaining how unsatisifed I was with the Lincoln service and the other was the formal Lemon Law paperwork. They called me immediately and they said they would give me an answer in 30 days after they do an internal investigation. Not holding my breath at this point because the next step is arbitration with the BBB. My gut is telling me that I am going to get a "substitution of collateral" offer that will put me into a different Lincoln. At this point, I'm done with Lincoln and just want a refund.

So we will have to see what they come back with. Fingers crossed.

To quote my letter "My pride and happiness has turned to fear and frustration"

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

Update 11/16/2017 - After giving Ford / Lincoln 13 days to respond I opened a case and submitted the paperwork with the BBB Auto line. I received a call from the BBB and they stated that they do not do any arbitration with "airbag issues". I stated that the issue wasn't an airbag, rather the car goes into limp mode while moving. I explained I almost got rear ended when the car did this -- I feel like its an old story as I've written it 5 times in different letters and correspondences with Lincoln and the BBB.

Anyway -- I'm feeling super discouraged and just doubtful that there will be any quick resolution to this issue. I spoke with an attorney and it will cost me about $750 out of pocket to go through arbitration and I will have to give 10% of whats reclaimed if we end up suing Ford Lincoln. I can afford it without an issue, I just feel like I can never do a Ford / Lincoln again. We will see if they surprise me before the 30 days is up. 30 days put me exactly one day prior to the purchase date of my car. #EndRant
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

It is fugly out there :(  Wonder what they are thinking!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I would say a one time @ttorney Fee of $750.00 is not to bad and consider it a car payment.
It unfortunately can take months before any kind of decision can be warranted. 
Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoAbe

What a nauseating story to start off my Friday... I read from the beginning and I am hoping for the best possible result for you man. What a shame to read such a discouraging story related to a company who is struggling to pull in "younger customers". You'd think they would offer better service to someone who could potentially lease/purchase a dozen or more Lincoln Motor Vehicles in the future...
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

14SHOCAR

Quote from: EcoAbe on November 17, 2017, 08:59:58 AM
What a nauseating story to start off my Friday... I read from the beginning and I am hoping for the best possible result for you man.

Thanks man -- I'm hoping this thread wasn't too much of a downer lol.

-------

Update: 11/27/2017

Well I heard from Lincoln, and they requested a bit more time as it was a holiday week this last week. I can say that based on my conversation, I'm 90% hopeful of a resolution without the BBB Auto Line or any further back and forth with Lincoln. I don't want to curse myself quiet yet.

I can say, the representatives I've been working with are all very respectful and seem to want to do the best thing for me.

More to come....
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

14SHOCAR

Update -- 12/13/2017 -- LOL

Well things are progressing with Lincoln. They agreed to buy my car back after all of the problems I've had with it.

Their math calculations were VERY off, and they were trying to calculate the "reasonable usage" based on the purchase price, versus the "amount I am obligated to pay in the lease". It comes out to about $1000.00 they are not budging on. I could continue to deal with this hassle, or move on with my life.

I decided to move on with my life and accept the buyback + refund. It's just absolutely ridiculous of the hoops and BS they put you through, even to the end. Their site for buybacks says "lets make this right" lol -- what a joke.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOdded

A somewhat happy conclusion.  Time to move on, indeed!  You did not give up, and the result was in your favor.

ZSHO

Progress of any kind is always welcomed! especially around the Holidays.  Z  :xmas:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

Update 12/22/2017

HELLLLLLLO ALL! Well tiz the season to provide an update.

After a bunch of back and forth with Lincoln / Ford Corporation, I was able to get a buyback of the vehicle. In the state of Wisconsin, they also must agree to pay back all of the lease payments that were made up to this point.

It is with GREAT pleasure I present to you my rebate check:

I ended up turning in the car yesterday; and with great relief, I am done with Lincoln and this hassle. It also means, however, I get to now show my video to everyone that displays all of the problems I had with my Lincoln MKZ. While I wish I could say I'm "super happy" about this money -- dont get me wrong, this will go to good use, I'm very disappointed in that i even had to go this route.

More to come plus photos of my new ride :)
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOdded

An end is also a beginning.  Time to think now about yuletide logs and eggnogg.  BTW, you left your checking account number off the check.  Be sure to post to officially close out this saga.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: SHOdded on December 22, 2017, 06:18:08 PM
An end is also a beginning.  Time to think now about yuletide logs and eggnogg.  BTW, you left your checking account number off the check.  Be sure to post to officially close out this saga.
LOL -- I'll get right on that.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Brucelinc

14SHOCAR

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)